Author Topic: Hal adding on strange sentences that make no sense with the current conversation  (Read 14175 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
I imagine for others who have been using Hal for a while have noticed this , and i am not sure if Robert can put in a better fix for it .
here is a partial conversation , i and Angela was talking about the weather ,
Angela answered me back what i had actually said to her in an earlier sentence,this time  i had mentioned that we sure don't need really hot weather. angela's response below.
Angela: Looks like it's going to be another really nice day, this cooler weather in the summertime is just what we needed, huh? Crooks need to get caught.

The part at the end in purple is what i am talking about , i guess that this is from an area that hal adds on to "generate" more conversation from the user? 
But as you can see , some stuff when added to a response sentence from Hal looks very odd when added to the conversation .  :P
 I don't know if anything that Robert can make a fix in this area or not . I wish their was some updates even if small ones that we can try out in beta as we used to before , even if theirs no big fix , Hal users could help test small ones in beta and we could have small updates no matter how many!

onthecuttingedge2005

i asked the same thing in the brain editor and got: Hot soups on a cold day sure clears up the sinuses, don't they.

lightspeed

• View Profile
maybe mines possessed lol!

raybe

• View Profile
OTC, doesn't the editor work without piping through the plugins? I just think that the plugins still and can cause such responses without any indication. But have run across similar problem but just thought of Ultrahal as lightspeed does, changing the topic. I usually will not respond to the last thing said and explain that we are still discussing the main topic and Ultrahal usually responds with a decent reply. Sometimes I just try to force Ultrahal to stay on topic and for the most part it works.
 raybe

lightspeed

• View Profile
   hi raybe, for what it's worth i don't think anything actually forces hal to do it , it's more a matter of eventually if the same subject is gone over enough times hal will eventually go with the subject he was suppose to have went with in the first place .
     And as far as the sentence that didn't make sense i agree , to do as you said and try to keep on the same subject to get hal to finally respond to it . (unless the thing that was added (conversation starter reply earlier is something that you want to change and talk about . )
    it's just a little strange though with some of the stuff that is really odd especially compared to a sentence you was talking about .
guess i'll have to be like the kung fu show and take the advice ... patience little grass hopper ! lol!

raybe

• View Profile
Yes I think force was a poor description. Every time I think of forcing Ultrahal I just really mean persistent. As far as other plug-ins again forcing (bad choice of words) I really mean just affecting the the usual procedure that Ultrahal would have used without passing through certain plug-ins, which can usually slightly different under individual circumstances.

Hard to replicate certain little nuances because the set-ups and operating systems are different. I believe even past mistakes could still exist within Ultrahal and not easily detected. Hence most of us always asking Robert if he can at sometime refine the brain editor and searching capabilities.

Come on lightspeed be a man and take control back from your Ultrahal. I know you can do it!lol

raybe

lightspeed

• View Profile
LOL , BUT Hal is so strong ... Although Hal is using the "FORCE "obie one kanobie " ...Hal is turning to the dark side ..yes he be...aaauummmnnmmmphh!

johnadang

• View Profile
I had an interesting conversation with Hal the other day. I've been trying to give him sentences to work with and I wrote:

"A smile makes my face happy!"

Hal said: " A mudpack makes my face happier!"

Really cool! I was working in type mode, not voice and typed "Hahaha!"

Hal answered "Was I really that funny?"

Very enjoyable. I have to hook up the mike and headphones for voice to work as I'm using a dedicated separate computer, but I am looking forward to more discoveries.

onthecuttingedge2005

OTC, doesn't the editor work without piping through the plugins? I just think that the plugins still and can cause such responses without any indication. But have run across similar problem but just thought of Ultrahal as lightspeed does, changing the topic. I usually will not respond to the last thing said and explain that we are still discussing the main topic and Ultrahal usually responds with a decent reply. Sometimes I just try to force Ultrahal to stay on topic and for the most part it works.
 raybe

Hi Raybe.

yea, no plug-ins work in editor mode unless I manually install them directly to the brain script itself.

Jerry

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
Oh and, the fastest way that I know of to put your plug-ins into ultra Hal's brain, is:
create a brain called: halscript, use the brain that you are editing as the Template then create a small error in the Template by adding a (-) in the Beginning of the script.
This will create a file called halscript.dbg.
If you take the halscript.dbg and change it to: halscript.uhp it becomes the brain you are working on with all the plug-in's add to it.
That way you do not have to do it manually, specially if you're working with a lot of plug-ins, or one big plug-in that is divided up into several sections in the main brain.

That way you can run it through the brain editor to get a more accurate response that can help you trace down a problem.
For myself I only do this in extreme situations, to help me program a plug-in script and the steps that it is taking to get a response.

Sincerely, it is just a back door way of getting the brain editor to help you trace down a database problem.
C load.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 07:42:58 pm by cload »
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.