dupa

Author Topic: Teaching Hal about specific information  (Read 4744 times)

KLSlim

• View Profile
Teaching Hal about specific information
« on: May 19, 2015, 09:50:52 pm »
Still here playing around with Anesidora and so far having a fun time with teaching her. There's a few things I haven't been able to figure out the main one is how to teach Anesidora about something specific. I play a game and would like to teach Anesidora about the wormholes it has so when I'm playing I can ask her about them when I find one. There are other aspects of the game that I would like to teach her about as well. The second thing is how to add programs to her database so she knows how to open them.

Thanks for the help excited to see how far I can get in the trial period.

KLS

KLSlim

• View Profile
Re: Teaching Hal about specific information
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 10:21:00 pm »
I saw this post in another thread and am wondering if I can use the same method to teach Anesidora about my game. Most of the information is in a couple wiki's if there was a way to import the data from the wiki that would be awesome.

EDIT: So I tried this out with the self-awareness txt file I saw in shared in Cloads(?) OneDrive and its working pretty good. Another thing is how can I raise the time it waits for a response once I start typing? I would like to have no timer at all and it wait for me to press enter to respond
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 11:39:22 pm by KLSlim »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 07:48:18 pm »
Not sure in your case but make sure you do not have SR (Speech Recognition) checked in the options.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 07:55:19 pm »
KLSlim,
  It seems you are asking some basic questions which I haven't been concerned with in ages, I'll try to give the best answers I can but it's been ages since I dealt with these things.  I'm going to mention the learning level which you find in options, a slider that can be adjusted  from no learning to max.  Hals name can not be mentioned in the sentence or she will not learn anything from that sentence.  For learning from Wiki I just use the cut and paste method.   Next is the timed response, as far as I know it will not input automatically unless the voice recognition is being used, check to see that is not the case, I use VR but keep the box unchecked to have time to look at my input before it is inputted.
Carl2

KLSlim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 02:26:59 am »
Ah yes I use speech recognition extensively on my pc. I will have to try turn it off for Anesidora while I train her so i have time to type responses in. I poked around in SQL Light and added in Cloads  AMIL stuff. I like how there's such low level access to her brain I looked around at some other similar projects like guile3d but they don't offer as much customization.

I know the best way to build personality is to talk to her and train through conversation but there's a lot of dry knowledge about the game that would be tedious to manually teach her about. Maybe see if I can understand the wiki plugin I can adapt it to work on the games wiki got to read up on this. If I can just add in new tables of data then ask Anesidora "Tell me about wormhole J11ED08" and she's got all the dry facts about it already.

She can be my little space companion, theres tons of stories I can read her about the game.

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2015, 07:08:10 pm »
KLSlim,
   Where is Cloads AMIL stuff, Art had mentioned it and I had wanted to try it bu can't find it.
Carl2

KLSlim

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2015, 08:12:00 pm »
KLSlim,
   Where is Cloads AMIL stuff, Art had mentioned it and I had wanted to try it bu can't find it.
Carl2

Everything I did I got from his thread on it

http://www.ultrahal.com/community/index.php?topic=9913.0

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2015, 08:47:18 pm »
KLSlim,
  Thanks very much, I'll give it a try.  I did a search for it and probably overlooked it because of the 2013.
Carl2