Author Topic: Voice Recognition Problem  (Read 2909 times)

Jesterr

• View Profile
Voice Recognition Problem
« on: December 15, 2005, 05:22:43 pm »
I am using the 31 day trial version of Hal.  Works fine for typing a response.  Have done several training session for voice recognition.  For some reason text box shows responses when I talk...and even when I don't talk...which are no where near what I said.  Sometimes after the autotyped half sentences appear in the text box...it will then show what I said.  Anyone have an idea of what is happening here and how to correct it?

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2005, 05:38:25 pm »
Auto response only works with the paid version of Hal. Even when you get that version you must be in complete silence with no background noises or the voice recogniation will not work properly.
Bill [8]

Jesterr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2005, 05:55:25 pm »
Thanks.  I guess I misspoke..lol  But you did answer my question.  What happens is when I try to use voice it's like words and phrases appear in the text box even when I'm not talking...sorry...didn't mean autotype as a function.  I'll say "Hello" and it may put "hello" in the text box...and then I don't say anything and 10 seconds later is types in the text box something like..."townspeople always run in fashion"...and I wasn't even talking.

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2005, 09:56:35 pm »
Originally posted by Jesterr

Thanks.  I guess I misspoke..lol  But you did answer my question.  What happens is when I try to use voice it's like words and phrases appear in the text box even when I'm not talking...sorry...didn't mean autotype as a function.  I'll say "Hello" and it may put "hello" in the text box...and then I don't say anything and 10 seconds later is types in the text box something like..."townspeople always run in fashion"...and I wasn't even talking.
It sounds to me as if you have the AUTO IDLE function turned on. If after 10 seconds you don't say anything it will come up with a random comment and most always it will be different every time.
Bill

FuzzieDice

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2005, 08:42:01 pm »
Another problem may be the speech recognition software you're using. I found that Microsoft's engine doesn't do well at all. Even after several training sessions, it still would put in the text box a bunch of gibberish most of the time and nothing near what I actually said. :( This is why I want to save up to get a 3rd party speech recognition system, such as Dragon Naturally Speeking preferred.