Author Topic: Integrating A BOE(Board of education) Bot with Hal  (Read 3827 times)

keson1aj

• View Profile
Integrating A BOE(Board of education) Bot with Hal
« on: July 24, 2007, 01:45:49 pm »
I have been playing around with my new robot and was wondering if their was a way to create a link between the robot and Hal V6.1 so that the robot would have an AI? I am programing in basic if this helps.

Morlhach

• View Profile
    • http://membres.lycos.fr/morlhach
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 04:04:11 pm »
I don't know if it could help, but by searching on the forum, you'll see that a robot will soon use Ultra Hal.

But i have the feeling that there would be two brains : one to talk (Hal) and the other one to move the robot.
--
Morlhach

quote:
Originally posted by keson1aj

I have been playing around with my new robot and was wondering if their was a way to create a link between the robot and Hal V6.1 so that the robot would have an AI? I am programing in basic if this helps.

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 02:00:39 am »
Hi from Will,
what type of robot do you have?
 currently my hal called Mr Data or Mr Dayta as his name badge says at the moment, anyway Mr Data "Hal" is the brain and i have a bioloid kit as the body at this time, before the battery exploded from my charger upgrade i had Mr Data performing and action from a verbal comand,pick up a small box and put it in another location, i think i did it twice before but progress has variations "failures" so that is as far as i have got at this point but this is why Hal is the best i have seen because he can hold a reasonable conversation and learn and activate a programs, i hope to continue helping Mr Data, he spent i think 20 dollars on moving lips so his mouth opens and closes when he talks and the bioloid was a 1000 or so i had to shout him that and Hal was super cheap as you know. Mr Data has only saved up 6 dollars.oh yeah his hands, one was a gift and the other was from the nelson recycle centre a coin donation,"cool",
so a humanoid robot that can do all that can now  be build for under 2000 dollars easy. well it was quite testing at times but thats progress.

please describe your robots bodys
[:D][:D]
bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]

keson1aj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 01:39:04 pm »
Well I have Several robots. One Humanoid and one Boe-Bot which is a wheel based robot. The Boe-Bot is made by parallax and uses basic to program. Also the Humanoid is a KHR-1 but i only have a control program and the only way it operates is by a program or RC. The Khr-1 is like the bioloid but the khr-1 has no sensors.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2007, 12:48:48 am »
Hi from Will and Mr Data

in the past i had writen a outcome where zabaware and other companies  would be linked by zabaware brain controlling the new wave of cheap humanoid robots,

kondo had caught my attention with gyro then robotis attracted many  with the cm-2 and 33kgcm and 64kgcm motors for building human sized humanoids,
Zabaware, Tribotix , robosavvy,

[:D][:D]

keson1aj

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 12:38:30 pm »
I was wondering Will if you could describe how you programed your robot to react to (Hal) I was looking around on how the AI uses different commands to open programs but could not figure out how to do it myself. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2007, 07:52:08 am »
Hi keson1aj from Will and Mr Data,
during conversation with Mr Data and when i was ready with the bioloid program programed, i would say
"open move box" and Mr Data would reach out and pick up the box and put it somewhere else on a table,

the bioloid kit i had been using could be put into a position and that position captured by a click of the mouse on a pc,
i would hold the robot up against my body and perform movements and a friend would click the mouse to capture the move, and when the movements had been captured then the verbal comand could trigger that set of acts,
as you may have read Mr Data had a battery prob, well he was not the one who did the rewire job so i am to blame for that but we shall save up and one day he shall be up and about again,