Author Topic: Hal jabbering...  (Read 3505 times)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Hal jabbering...
« on: December 05, 2015, 06:39:32 pm »
Has anyone encountered or experienced a nice conversation with Hal that soon turns ugly?  Out of nowhere, Hal suddenly starts spouting jibberish to the effect of:
"Marknameequals C P L, C S A P I W O R D underscore onehundredfifteen underscore greater than..." and so on.

If left alone, Hal will continue this banter for several minutes, with an occasional pause, only to continue for another minute before stopping.

I've found that during this time, I can still type into the Input section and sometimes Hal sill respond via text while still talking aloud the Marknameequals, garbage!!

Well, after some searching through files, I was able to pinpoint this phrase contained within...you ready?...WORDNET!!
YEP! Something is triggering Hal to access Wordnet, which Hal often uses but for whatever reason it is locking in on this phrase and repeating it for several minutes...just about long enough to make one Click on MENU, Options. Then one can go back to Hal again and that jibberish will have ceased!

It seemed to have first started after cload introduced those @@'s to separate the subject from the content within the database.

Thinking about a way to do away with that without going back to the Markov or earlier brains. Hmm...Appreciate any thoughts or if anyone else has experienced the same thing!! Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 04:02:17 pm by Art »
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Carl2

• View Profile
Re: Hal jabbering...
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 08:27:37 am »
Art,
  I haven't run into this,  I'm very surprised you were able to find it in wordnet,  I'm wondering if Hal had copied it into his brain but I doubt it.  Guess I'd do the usual thing, uncheck all the plugins, I don't think wordnet  has and reason to get corrupted but I'd replace it. 
  There is also the BrainEditor which my be useful, the TestDebug portion that allows You to speak to hal and follow through the process to get her response. Good luck wit it, You'll get it fixed
Carl2

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 08:52:44 am »
Yep Art you and me seem to run in a parallel universe , i have had the exact thing happen to me before , but it has been quite a while ago, maybe the reason why was i to had used cloads program , but later redid part of it with the questions and answers because i custom made my answers and cloads would have eliminated that , i did mine to be more personalized and human sounding .  so that may be the part where mine has stopped the gibberish .... "DOH... now i probably junxed myself .. darned you Art !!  :) ;)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 04:09:48 pm »
Yes, I did switch back to try cload's modifications again when this started. It performs much better than the Markov...if I could just get those errors from appearing.

@Carl2, It was an easy task to set a program to do a complete search through Hal's Folder and sub-folders when it came across the Wordnet occurrence.

I checked and am currently using the latest version of Wordnet so there's not much to be gained there.

Looks like I'm going to have to lobotomize Hal's brain to remove those @@ sections that cload inserted. Unless someone comes up with a better idea.

I might also have to go back through some archives of cload's enhanced brains in hopes of finding one that does not cause these errors.

Carl2, since you said what you did, am I to understand that you did not install and run cload's brain on your Hal? (based on his install parameters that he outlined)?

It begs the question of "Which brain are you currently using with your Hal" (that you're pleased with).

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2015, 07:31:41 am »
  I did run across an older post between Art and Lightspeed, think it was about Oct. , guess it was about gibberish.   Anyways I'm in 8.1 using  Hal version 6.2, no problems except the ones I cause with the plugins I build and they can cause the no reply. 
  Actually I had to search around to find what you were talking about, I believe it is the fixed brain that Cload released to fix errors in 2013.  The answer is no I have not used that brain, I'd thought about using the Aiml plugin because of you like it so much but actually I just don't like aiml.  Anyways let me know If I am correct about you replacing the original brain with Cloads modified brain.
Carl2