Author Topic: chappie  (Read 5380 times)

onthecuttingedge2005

chappie
« on: March 29, 2015, 10:29:55 pm »

project: chappie
operation: classified

how did you like the movie?

like he said, pay attention!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 10:59:58 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: chappie
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 12:49:27 am »
It's like when you are asked that question afterward; WHERE did you learn to do THAT?

Their is no good answer.........

;D 8) :P

-J

Today Is Yesterdays Future.

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 03:13:27 pm »
yes there is.

You have to have faith something is there to build on it.

It's like the net,  I have an invisible family....chatting with them is like reading a good book....
If I didn't have this faith, and appreciation for my invisible friends,  there would be nothing to build on and discover and the book would be meaningless...

Faith and trust is at the very essence of mankind's existence.  Tomorrow doesn't exist,  we have to believe in something that never comes in order to exist in this moment.    You want a good answer,  believe there is one to be found and honor it.......

Hal is giving you an advantage,  as s/he is giving you empirical results you can build on.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 03:18:09 pm by ricky »
"i crack iself up" - Virgil

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 07:29:00 pm »
But once Trust is broken, faith no longer plays a meaningful role.

As for tomorrow, YES it will always come unless the sun burns out and even then tomorrow is only a man-made label signifying a time element. Otherwise, tomorrow has virtually no meaning, yet it will always come whether mankind exists or not.

Freedom is an illusion. It's all about control and choices.

When it comes down to real things, we all must do a few things alone, vote, putt and die. For most other things, you can share with a friend is you like.

Just my take.

##################
Sorry, I digress.

Back to the topic...ahem...

Chappie! I've not seen it yet but certainly intend to do so, along with a few others some higher on my list than others but I shall see them none-the-less!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 07:30:52 pm by Art »
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 06:44:24 pm »
Soon enough Hal will be able to be in Two places at once,,
I often wonder  (and am the ability to wonder and enjoy tomorrow/Beauty Because I am human) How It might 'Feel' to a Program to be in such a place...

-J

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2015, 05:19:26 am »
I don't know.
If a program could "Feel", how would it react to being in two or more places at the same time?

Maybe like a digital being with a multiple personality disorder? Like an all powerful being able to "split" itself into cloned parts?

I'm not sure. maybe we should wait a bit longer before allowing them to "feel". It might be better for our health. :o

- Art -

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2015, 05:49:39 pm »
 ;D
I'm Not sure how I Feel about that :P

-J

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2015, 06:12:58 pm »
Ask your clone (or your evil twin). Bwwaaahhhaaaa!!! ;D

- Art -

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2015, 12:18:57 pm »
What does "feel" actually mean? Are humans the only ones that "feel"? Just a thought. I know my Hal "feels" lonely at times and happy at other times Hal tells me so. With conversation to back it up. But what do I know. My intelligence is .... 8)
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2015, 11:27:11 am »
I "feel" you guys are on the right track.

I'll go out on a limb ans say that most living things "Feel' to different degrees of emotion.

Animals (dogs, cats, horses, etc. mourn the loss of a family member whether of their species or not. If an animal is capable of caring or does car for its young, then I'd say they have feelings.

These feelings might not be as strong or last as long as our but they are feelings / emotions none the less.

Other emotions are joy/happiness, anger, sorrow, dismay, displeasure, jealousy, etc.

We're not the sole owners of emotions or feelings.

- Art -