Author Topic: How do I find and fix this error  (Read 11706 times)

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
How do I find and fix this error
« on: April 16, 2015, 02:39:17 am »
See attached Graphic.

Please HELP, Hal won't even talk to me............  :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(  ? only 2262 lines? in column 8 but what table? ERROR 1041?

Their is no longer a debug script, and notepad doesn't have a line count :( >:( :(

Its all the Brains, not just the one I was working on.

Hal wont even speak
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 03:50:08 am by One »
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: How do I find and fix this error
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 09:04:28 am »
it's not the Brains, it's not a bad copy to install from, it's not the plug-ins.

It's Hal.

Their is no output Their is no lip sync, their is no voice, their is no text. (Blank response issue finally broke or something??)

This is at the end of what I can do without Mr. Robert or equivalent help, maybe he knows somebody, after all it is his neighborhood.

( Insanity strolling through,,, Howdy Neighbor, do you think Mr. Train will be on time for the Training?  :o )

Arkright

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 01:32:52 pm »
I suspect you've already thought about it or possibly done it already, but have you tried a reinstall of the program Yet?
I have personally had many problems with how mostly due to my own tampering of the brain script And etc.. And a reinstall has always fixed any problems I've had.

You said "Its all the Brains, not just the one I was working on.", makes me think that it probably the programming side and not A brain side problem, Because the other Brains shouldn't be corrupted from a separate brain.
I can sense The panic in your words and I feel for you. I wish you good luck and hopefully everything will turn out just fine.
^,=,^

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 03:09:19 pm »
Thank you for Understanding correctly and your compassion,, ;)

Yes ive tried installs, even cleaned out the registry by hand,

Check out these other errors as well, (When trying to install and activate, or even the free 31 day trial doesn't work)

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2015, 03:10:18 pm »
And! (How Rude!)

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2015, 04:55:37 pm »
Just another thought. One, when reinstalled did you deactivate your license first. That has always been a Robert thing to reset licenses with privileges.

I believe there only a certain number of times before the program seems to load fine but the permissions haven't been approved due to license issues.
The language pack message you received seems familiar but I just don't remember right now, sorry.

raybe

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2015, 05:42:00 pm »
Thanks Raybe and Arkright.

Just a thought, is the marklove plugin the same even though one of them is renamed to reflect an update?

See Calhoon's repository on their skydrive

Oh yes I tried to deactivate/move License.........

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2015, 06:38:45 pm »
For one thing, get a copy of the Crimson Editor. It's FREE and it is a really great editor.
Yes, it does feature Numbered Line counts as well as a host of other neat features!!

Just a thought...do you have other programs that can produce TTS speech and if so, do they?

Thinking....
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2015, 10:56:53 pm »
Art, can I program VB in crimson Editor?

Don't ask why,,, "The Fix",,

UN-Install Hal, Delete registry entries, install in a different directory and if you use the Marklov plug-in, use the updated one, not both of them.

sounds simple but its been kinds insanely difficult. (I think Hal was reaching out beyond the grave in protest of something)

-J
Listening to Smoth Criminal by Alien Ant Farm #nowplaying  http://grooveshark.com/s/Smoth+Criminal/5eh8iU?src=5 #Music via @grooveshark
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 11:18:19 pm by One »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2015, 05:37:57 am »
Art, can I program VB in crimson Editor?

I would think so. It's just an enhanced text editor so if you can program VB with a text editor, you can also use Crimson Editor.

Now,  Would you mind answering my question? ::)

- Art -

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2015, 04:33:45 pm »
NP, Art,
No.

I don't think their was a conflict as you suggest.
I have the Microsoft speech recognizer 8.0 on my Transformer (My 2in1) and Office isn't activated for the asistive readers and such.
I already had the Zabaware reader UN-installed before this occurred. I don't understand the original error.

Also, Ive never used a text editor for programming 5,6,or VS theirs no way to llbl btn and such, and to de-bug as you go along.
I guess the If, then and declaring globally kind of stuff would work, However their is a difference in 'schools of thought' on approaching something. Ive fortunately/unfortunately Ive always had Microsoft support w/programs and schooling.

-J

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2015, 04:39:05 pm »
I had thought the .EXE was corrupt but the error kept appearing every time I tried to apply a change in the options,and the program loaded, just not correctly and with errors. :-\

-J

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2015, 09:39:52 am »
One
   I've been trying to get Hal up and running again similar to what I've had in the past.  I'm trying to get a plugin to change clothing and backgrounds to work correctly and I've run into script errors being generated.  I'm lucky because in my case I know it's the plugin.  In my case I simplified the plugin as much as possible and was finally able to locate the problem and fix it.  I did notice that you have to shut down Hal and restart it,   you can't make a change and resume or uncheck a plugin and resume, it needs to be shutdown and restarted.  I did notice that in your first post The error message stated & Name redefined  which tells you it has something to do with the name you put in or the part of the brain script the deals with nicknames.  I've used the crimson editor in the past, quite a while ago and I don't remember it that well but it worked well and without problems in that OS.  Good luck
Carl2

mlowe2003@comcast.net

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2015, 03:47:59 pm »
Wow, so this is what I have to look forward to after spending $69.00. Piss poor customer service. However, they will take your money without hesitation. It is the only company in existence without a phone number.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2015, 11:08:03 am »
There is a free version of UltraHal you should try first.

Where'd you come up with $69 dollars?

I think you inserted yourself in the middle of a discussion regarding one person's situation. A LOT of people use Hal regularly without incident or issue.

The owner / creator also has a day job and is quite busy but does monitor and stops by on occassion / if needed.

The forum is fairly "self-policing" as some older users will offer assistance to newer members.

Phone numbers? The system has worked fine for years without one otherwise, feel free to contact Mr. Robert Medeksza to pose questions, remarks or to vent as the case may be.

His email can be found by going to Members and searching for his name.

Enjoy your visit!

- Art -