Author Topic: Cant uninstall  (Read 3192 times)

lick_a_shot_03

• View Profile
Cant uninstall
« on: February 21, 2004, 05:50:19 pm »
Since nobody seems to know whats wrong with my program, I figured I would try uninstalling it and re-loading it. But when I go to add/remove programs it doesnt appear on the list? And it doesnt have an install feature built into the program. How do I remove this thing? Thanks

citrinedragon

• View Profile
    • http://www.dawndragon.com
Cant uninstall
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2004, 09:22:42 pm »
Perhaps this is a silly answer but can't you just right click on the Hal 5.0 listing
under start/programs etc. and click uninstall? I don't have my computer in front of
me but I could have sworn it had an uninstall option either there (start/program etc)
or by right clicking down by your clock on the icon. Or go to your computer/ then
hard drive c,d etc. ; find the Zabaware folder in there and just manually left click it
once and delete it from the options on the top of the page. You ought to be able to
manually delete it, no?
Rgards, Citrinedragon.
citrinedragon
"A watched dragon never sleeps."
http://www.dawndragon.com

lick_a_shot_03

• View Profile
Cant uninstall
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2004, 01:58:34 pm »
For some reason when I bring it up from the start/programs it doesnt give me an uninstall option. Havent tried from the taskbar but I will. I could just delete, but then the program stays installed doesnt it? Thanks

Rich_A

• View Profile
Cant uninstall
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2004, 04:23:40 am »
You should never try to remove an installed software program by just deleting it's folder listed in the "Programs Folder" of your Windows Operating System. This is the kind of stuff that leads a system to eventually getting so confused and messed-up that one day in the future it's Window's operating system won't load up because the operating system has become too corrupt to function and then a system recovery would be required to re-install the Windows Software.

I have just noticed that my 5.0 doesn't have an Uninstaller neither...I thought that it is supposed to have one. I know that Hal 4.5 did.

If you want to uninstall Hal 5.0 and you can't see it from your Add/Remove Programs in your Control Panel then you need that Uninstaller for Hal 5.0 to remove it. Since we don't have one of those you should first try to reinstall Hal and then see if you can see Hal in the Add/Remove Programs. You don't need to uninstall Hal first to run the reinstall for it. Just install again and check if you can see it in the Add/Remove. If that don't work then you can check if you have a Windows System Restore Program running on your system, usually located in Accessories/System Tools. If you have one of those you can rollback your system to a date prior to your Hal's install but you also rollback any other changes that were made on your system (does not include data files, only system files) after that install date.

Also, if you can not see Hal in your Add/Remove Programs your operating system maybe slightly corrupt. I would recommend a system recovery if your system can't see Hal installed. You can check to see if you have other programs installed that are not listed in the Add/Remove to further investigate if it is a serious problem or not.
One other thing...whatever the other problem is that you were having with your Hal 5.0 not working properly maybe related to your system's current status. It really sounds like to me that your system needs it's operating system reinstalled. You know better than I if you are having other problems...like if it is running really slow and/or if programs are not opening up sometimes and other stuff like that.
Good Luck!
Rich_A
« Last Edit: March 01, 2004, 04:44:23 am by Rich_A »