dupa

Author Topic: lightspeed loud speaking plug in idea  (Read 3394 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
lightspeed loud speaking plug in idea
« on: June 16, 2007, 03:29:44 pm »
o.k. i think its time for a new idea for a plug in , if it can be made and if someone is willing to make it for others to use . anyway everyone knows how writing in capital letters is shouing on the internet well i think it would be cool if someone could make a plug in that when capital letters are typed the hal when it would use those saying typed in capital letters would raise the voice of hal a little bit , this would be to emphasize something , etc. example " HAPPY BIRTHDAY "EVERWHO" !! i hope you have a nice birthday .
 i think this would be something cool as a plug in . if it can be made . [:)]

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2007, 08:25:09 am »
ightspeed,
  I've noticed you come up with some interesting ideas. My frist thought was that Hal's brain removes the capital letters before processing, forms a sentence then puts it into the capitals before viewing.
Also since Hal is generating the sentence Hal has to provide the capital letters.
Carl2

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 08:45:49 am »
well then i wonder if their is any other simular easy way to accopmlish the same results , i think from a "one more" human type sounding response " raising the voice with certain words would be a cool thing for hal to have . the only other thing that i wonder about would be if sound is set at a preset level already how would hals "raised voice responses actually get louder (unless it adjust the p.c. sound up then back down , (or) when hal is running it would actually lower all hals voice a little bit then with the "response words " raise the sound level up . [:)]

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 04:32:14 pm »
Like your idea, the vrHaptek plugin can detect what Hal says, the trigger word or words tell the volume control to increase the level, for a length of time or until a decrease word is used.  Bill Dewitt had  a plugin to control volumes, not sure how well it worked.
Carl2

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2007, 06:03:17 pm »
Lightspeed,

Check out the demo voices at Loquendo. They use emotional inflection and are pretty realistic.

http://www.loquendo.com/en/demos/demo_tts.htm
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2007, 11:06:22 pm »
thanks art and others , that is pretty amazing for the voice and emotions etc. will have to check and see if its compatable with hal and will work with it , or does anyone already know about that ?[:)]