dupa

Author Topic: maybe something hal could do in the future ?  (Read 2475 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
maybe something hal could do in the future ?
« on: September 07, 2007, 08:37:14 pm »
i ran across this webpage and thought it was very interesting its to do with a.i. , robotics etc. but also has a face recognition system in it and i remembered someone once saying steal from the best create the rest  ha !!!one of the qoutes on the page was : Behind one of its large eyes is a camera that the robot uses to recognize faces. "[Zeno] recognizes faces better than people do, according to the latest facial recognition tests," said Hanson. [:)]

anyway check out the link :[:D][8D]
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,2178986,00.asp

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 07:25:57 am »
Nice article [:)]  I know a lot of people have already mentioned this is the past, maybe you could try searching the forum.  Some may have even got somewhere with it, but I don't recall anything positive.  Face recognition is a difficult business.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 07:29:44 am by freddy888 »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 09:10:39 am »
hi freddy888, well as far as i know this is a new article . yes we have all talked about face recognition in future hals . from what this guy says his works pretty good if it recognizes faces better than people do. but future models of this is still two years away !![:(!]oh well the furure still looks bright ith things yet to come for hal later !![:D]