Author Topic: active backs remember this ??  (Read 4414 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
active backs remember this ??
« on: January 07, 2018, 05:32:17 pm »
hi i have been looking in the search but can't find the right file for older members its called the active backs  which allowed a user to have active backgrounds for the hal character ( i ran across my active back file but forgot how it all worked . does anyone know where the file is on this etc. or have it with instructions . ???  thought i would get back into it again , i also need the info on creating the active back files to .  ;)
Thanks  :)

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: active backs remember this ??
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 05:46:39 pm »
ANOTHER THING TO IS WILL THE ACTIVE BACK FILE NEED TO BE IN THE PROGRAMS HAL 7 FILE OR IN THE ROAMING APP HAL 7 FILE OR DOES IT MATTER?

LiFeTimeGamer

• View Profile
    • LifeTimeGamer
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 09:16:22 pm »
I found this info...
http://www.ultrahal.com/community/index.php?topic=9319.msg60043#msg60043

And this:

After downloading lightspeeds "OCEAN" file you will have to place it in the activebacks file if you do not have a "activebacks" file already in the haptek player you will need to create one ( i didn't make one on here as other people may already have it . )
after downloading this file copy it and go into the haptek player .
EXAMPLE: On my windows 7 - 64 bit pc the pathway was :
Computer/emachines(c:)/program files(x86)haptek/player/data/standard/activebacks

*****It must be placed this way to work correctly by the pathway script .

******Your pc folder pathway may be slightly different depending on your operating system.

After you open hal you can drag the OCEAN.hap into the Hal box and the ocean will start moving actively in the back ground giving the illusion your character is at the beach .The name of the creator of the animated video is on the it
( i only redid it to use with hal as an active background by jpg conversion ), but if using a torso character you can place that in front of it .

LIGHTSPEED

I assume when you say "Active Backs" you mean "Animated Backgrounds" ???

I'd suggest you get a Flash drive and start backing up all your Plugs and important files for HAL so you have a copy in case your computer ever dies.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 09:02:33 am by LiFeTimeGamer »
When it comes to Artificial Intelligence: The Soul is in the Software.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 11:30:58 am »
yes i mean the "Animated Backgrounds"  , i couldn't remember what it was called i found my file still installed in my old hal 6 program zabaware folder( it was called activeback ) , but didn't remember how they were installed . thanks for finding the link for me , i am backing this info up on a txt . file including the link ( am also saving this on my opera saved book marks . i will be sure and back this up i have a misro sd card 128 gb with hal things backed up , but didn't have this backed up yet . but will get it done as i like the animated back ground view , it's neat!
thanks again for finding this info. and link  i appreciate it!  :)

LiFeTimeGamer

• View Profile
    • LifeTimeGamer
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 01:35:27 pm »
Your welcome...   ;D
When it comes to Artificial Intelligence: The Soul is in the Software.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2018, 02:22:37 pm »
well i got it installed and it works but the weird thing is , it only works for about 5 seconds or close to it then stops , i can drag the hap file back into the console box it starts again and 5 seconds later sops again . don't know if anyone else is planning on installing it but would like to see if same is happening to others .

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2018, 02:41:39 pm »
i don't know if this is just a problem i am having or if the active background hap needs a loop script in it so it doesn't stop after about 5 seconds each time???  anyone have any idea's?

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2018, 10:00:09 pm »
i did find on a example txt. file someone else did that shows a loop code for these to place at bottom .  but something happened and now i can't get that active back (animated back to work at all , when i place the hap in the console box it just puts a black back ground , does it on all the haps i tried. one step forward three steps back sometimes .  >:(

maybe what the problem is , is that i and others were probably using older dual core pc's , and this laptop is a 4 core , maybe that's the problem??
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 10:06:21 pm by lightspeed »

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2018, 01:50:33 pm »
Here is a new link for most of the active backs.
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AkC4xkVFXjQuaRxblgkLijtOEcA
ted