dupa

Author Topic: speed control for Kate and Paul  (Read 3786 times)

diego

• View Profile
speed control for Kate and Paul
« on: August 31, 2006, 02:41:47 pm »
I just installed my upgrade to include the neospeech characters of Kate and Paul.  The speed control appears at the top end of the slider bar.  I noticed that Kate talks about as fast as what I experienced with Mary set at about 160.  I found I could understand Mary adequately at about 200 to 230.  Do the Neospeech characters have that same kind of control.  I'm able to slow Kate down and I get a strange reverb.  Anyone know how to speed them up a bit?

Diego

echoman

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 04:42:13 pm »
Hello.

I do not think you can speed Kate or Paul's speach. This was somthing I tried some time ago.

Echoman

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 09:12:31 pm »
Diego,

What program are / were you using to try to control the NeoSpeech voices?
The UltraHal Text-to-Speech program does work but the slider adjustments are touchy (very small increments effect a change).
Mine showed numbers of 4, 9, 13, etc. and 13 was pretty fast.

Nextup.com has a program called Text Aloud that can also control the NeoSpeech voices.

There is no provision within Hal (that I know of) to change voice speed on the fly.

If you're using Windows XP, you can go to the Control Panel, select Speech, select Text to Speech and adjust the voice speed. After you test it, select APPLY and when you restart Hal, the voice will be at that selected speed.

Hope this helps a bit!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

diego

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 11:53:43 pm »
Art,

You are a genius!  Thanks.  I had no idea that speech control was there in XP.  That solved it for me just fine.

Thanks,

Diego

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 08:29:24 am »
You're most welcome!
Glad to have helped!!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -