Author Topic: changing voices on the fly uhp plug in .  (Read 3195 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
changing voices on the fly uhp plug in .
« on: May 25, 2015, 01:50:23 pm »
         i was wondering about changing voices on the fly as a uhp plug in , i know that one was done that could change outfits on full bodies . but did anyone ever make one that could change voices on the fly ? by typing in or saying a command and the voice name ? ( to change it to ).
 if not does anyone want to create one . 

on another subject with dragon speak i also wish dragon speak could accept any voice talking with it to respond back through hal . not just my voice .
     maybe in a future model they will .

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: changing voices on the fly uhp plug in .
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 08:26:00 pm »
Don't know off hand but I've see other TTS based programs allow for changing the character's voices. One was a Home Automation program using the Hal2000 software, NOT our Hal which is actually UltraHal. Never-the-less, the guy had three different characters he could converse with.
Pretty cool. The user could be speaking to Sally and ask if Jill was nearby. Short pause or a "Wait a second" response, then Jill is now appearing and using her own TTS voice.

I'm sure someone will dig deeper into this.

Glad you bought that up again LightSpeed!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 09:28:13 am »
      Art that sounds like a very cool concept , as some of us , many probably have different voices and characters , that would indeed be very cool . talking to one character (jane ) then say what do you think about (and the subject you were talking about ) betty ? and betty would start talking in a different voice .
  of course in doing this what would also be needed would be something that would also switch brain data base , uhp , and the hla file to . (hla a.i. name file)  but that would be a cool deal !  :)
also Art , thanks for your info about this .  :)

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2015, 09:42:08 am »
  I remember reading about that in the Hapktec SDK, you use multiple people and set person giving it a name and have to refer to that name when giving commands.  Took a quick look  and  didn't come up with much.  I'm not sure but I think someone had something on changing voices it may be one of the commands hal can input and change the voice.
Carl2

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 10:29:52 am »
well i know that one plug in had changing characters on the fly and even outfits , and maybe it could be based on this , using the correct pathway in the programs file .  :)

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2015, 04:51:20 pm »
Lightspeed,
  just came across this a list of hal commands

<SHOWHAL>
<HIDEHAL>
<SHOWCAL>
<SHOWEVENTS>
<SHOWOPTIONS>
<MICOFF>
<MICON>
<MICTOGGLE>
<VIEWCHAT>
<AUTO>miliseconds</AUTO>
<AUTOOFF>
<HALPAD>
<HALPAD>file-path</HALPAD>
<VOICE>new voice</VOICE>
<SPEAK>Text to speak</SPEAK>
<DIAL>Phone</DIAL>
<HAPBACK>jpeg path</HAPBACK>
<AGENTXY>X,Y</AGENTXY>
<MSAGENT>Anim name</MSAGENT>
<HAPFILE>Hap file</HAPFILE>
<HAPTEXT>Hap text</HAPTEXT>
<RUNPROG>Prog name</RUNPROG>
<RESPOND>User sent</RESPOND>
<CUSERNAME>New user name</CUSERNAME>
<CHALNAME>New Hal Name</CHALNAME>
<RUNCMD>1 line of VBScript</RUNCMD>

Hear is the link but there is not much info.  be nice to make a user input which if true runs the "<VOICE>new voice</VOICE>" command, at the time it sounds easy not sure what you might run into.
Carl2