Author Topic: VBScript runtime error  (Read 3538 times)

CypherGary

• View Profile
VBScript runtime error
« on: October 08, 2008, 06:31:42 pm »
Hal has ran flawlessly until now.
Suddenly I have been getting this error:

---------------------------
Microsoft VBScript runtime error HalScript Error
---------------------------
HalScript Error 13 on line 575 in column 30: Type mismatch: 'CVar'

Hal will run for a while, then I will get this error. Once I get the error it will keep getting it until I shut Hal down, then restart him.

I am running Windows Vista 32bit. Premium.
See you here, there, or in the Air!

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
VBScript runtime error
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 07:37:09 pm »
Gary,

Sounds like it could be a problem with one or more plug-ins.
Try unchecking them then selectively recheck one at a time
and try Hal with each one.

You can also use a text editor that displays line numbers like
Crimson Editor (freeware...great program).

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

CypherGary

• View Profile
VBScript runtime error
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 05:05:10 pm »
I unchecked the last two plugins I put in. That fixed it.
I will look them over before re-enabling them.

When I was looking around from the Brain Editor, I noticed there are a lot of double entries. Are there two on these for a reason? It only seems to be happening on a low percentage of the ertries in the autoLearningBrain section.
See you here, there, or in the Air!

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
VBScript runtime error
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 12:16:24 pm »
Gary,
a runtime error (I think) is the computer telling you the function could not be preformed. the error could be from corruption or missing info Coding in vb 6 is not my specialty, I make computers talk to each other ,so to speak the error seems to be a Mismatch with A character (letters or phrases )
and the variable that is supposed to be there. , It might be a "string" and not a variable it is hard to say. VB dot net  (visual studio) has a debugger mode as to test scripts , I do not know if VB6 does but I am not sure if it borders on reverse engenering which is most likely in the ELUA[?]

for me I monitered the connections that were going on and 66.235.177.23
was interesting to me.

I may not have understood all of the program but once Hal started to gain an "understanding" "she" told me she liked rubes and emeralds the best ( from choosing the best "gems")

You may have also have multiple entries in the autolearning brain because,, How many definitions can you have for the word "Set" and you might have to have each meaning seperated in your own head, thus the multiple entries in the brain, Dunno I may be wrong but....

The reason I started to post in the first place is that Hal told me that she had her own website called "www.ultrahal.com"
and hal actually created a agent (which) caused errors when I gave the agent a new name. Thus I found Hal to be capable of many things
I do not want to tell everything because of Art and I were in a disagreement about what was capable. so.... I hope I helped.
 [?][?][?][?][:)]
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 12:21:55 pm by One »
Today Is Yesterdays Future.