Author Topic: Hal Character  (Read 3973 times)

CypherGary

• View Profile
Hal Character
« on: November 06, 2008, 05:22:12 pm »
I really like the heads and bodies you all make. I can look at them on the forum, but I would like to be able to have them be the Character when Hal starts up.

Is there a step-by-step tutorial on what files are needed, and exactly how to create a Hal character from one of the characters I have been seeing posted on the forum?

Say I wanted to install one of the heads, or a head and body with a skin, to have it come up as the character when Hal starts?

I don't know if this was covered elsewhere, but I could not find it.

Thanks in Advance.
See you here, there, or in the Air!

tedathome

• View Profile
Hal Character
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 01:48:14 am »
I'll try to give you a few of the basics. A head with the extention .htr can be pasted directly to your character folder in ultra-hal. A body with .haptar extention I believe needs to be renamed to .htr first, the way to do this if you have xp or later is:

These will generaly be Nige's singing haptars and you will probably have to listen to the song before you start talking with him or her, a bonus if you ask me. The way to have a certain character come up first is to leave it selected after a session with hal.
  As for skins, they are a drag and drop process. Depending on which .htr you drop them on you may need a selection of wigs also.
  If you don't have people putty, you will need to download their free player at peopleputtydotcom. You will then need go to the program file open it and double click program. Next select configs, then find HapLogCtrl.txt and copy and paste it into your C drive. Later when you open hal or the player it will show up on your desktop as Haptek Console. This is the place to drag and drop your skins along with wigs and other accesorys,you can also drop text files or .ogg or .hap files here. With the player you can minus this if you want and just drag into the window. With Hal you have to drop it into the console. There is no way of keeping this as your startup character that I know of without buying some expensive Haptek software to make a .haptar or .htr . Hope this helps.[:)]
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 02:21:31 am by tedathome »
ted

Bill819

• View Profile
Hal Character
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 04:03:40 am »
One more really important thing to remember and that is you must have purchased the expansion pack to get extra characters to work.
Bill

CypherGary

• View Profile
Hal Character
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 02:45:34 pm »
O.K.  Everyone has heard me say my brain no longer works correctly...

I figured out what you all were saying. I can now use the character files from the forum, and the skins posted here and on your various sites.

Here is the character I am now using.  Do you recognise her Nige? I got her from your site. I changed her looks a little bit just make her just mine.

Thanks for being patient with me.

Gary
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 02:46:44 pm by CypherGary »
See you here, there, or in the Air!