Author Topic: hal and haptek compatable tablet software  (Read 6060 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
hal and haptek compatable tablet software
« on: October 27, 2014, 12:19:08 pm »
   This may be a pipedream but I hope someday that hal will merge with software that would allow hal to be on a tablet, we would also need haptek on board with this to so the faces etc, we create can be used on our tablets , it would be cool if the tablet could access our home computers hal characters and brain etc. through internet .
    But I imagine anything like this would be a long ways off or never materialize .

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: hal and haptek compatable tablet software
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 08:42:52 pm »
Lonnie,

If you read anything into some of Robert's previous postings, some of these things to which you've alluded, may actually come to pass sooner than you think.

Of course it is with baited breath that I mention this. Sort of like the cat who waited on the mouse with "baited" breath! Hah!! :o ;D
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 08:33:20 am »
With WebGL it's closer than you think. It's actually something I will be working on soon.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 09:28:17 am »
freddy explain more with webgl please?

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 09:37:05 am »
WebGL is basically 3D in a browser. You can read more here :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WebGL

The platform I am using for my chatbot will soon support WebGL.

You can see my little 3D world and my chatbot called Jess talking to me in one of my videos - this video is a bit jumpy, but I have now figured out what was causing the freezes so it all animates smoothly now. I just haven't got a around to uploading a new video.

It gives you the idea of what I am doing though. In this video she is connected to Pandorabots, but this will be replaced by my own system when I have finished my interpreter. The responses from Pandorabots aren't that great because I did not do much work on the bot, but it's really just to demonstrate what I am working towards which is a talking animated character in a 3D world of her own.

She also lipsyncs too which took a lot of work but was very rewarding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reSdHa3sCyU

« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 03:40:20 pm by freddy888 »

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 10:02:21 am »
  Looks very nice Freddy, I have a tablet that I use for a remote to a camera, the tablet has Voice Recognition think it's from Dragon, surprised at how well it works.  Back to your vid, I liked the moving background, wanted to do that with Hal, have a tree moving in the breeze.  Glad to see your using the fullbodies.  I have to ask is there any way to get more mesh poly counts into a full body.
Carl2

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2014, 10:04:59 am »
This is not Haptek Carl, there is nothing Haptek here at all, it's all new stuff I am working on.

My character Jess is a modified Daz figure. The entire model has more polys than Haptek I think - about 65,000 polys.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 03:43:15 pm by freddy888 »

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2014, 06:33:00 pm »
That's some nice work there, Freddy and I think the poly count looks quite good at least in this scene. Perhaps a closer view of maybe just the face would indicate how well or not the poly count might need to be tweaked, if then.
Daz uses some pretty nice models and it's quite a chore to try to maintain balance between more polys and fluid movement. More = Slower movement  & Less = Faster Movement (but most of us are already aware of that).

Then if one could build in some massive computing power, we could employ some really lifelike Maya characters or 3DMax or some such.

Life is, unfortunately, full of little compromises.

Again, Good work Freddy! ;)
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2014, 06:51:53 am »
very cool work Freddy, thanks for sharing the video  and explaining about things , I appreciate it!

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2014, 06:24:13 pm »
  Sorry Freddy, didn't realize you're working with Daz, yes last I knew it was just the head.  I just watched it again (full screen) and I'd say the poly count is much higher.  Anyways, congrats on the vid, She looks very good, hard to stay up with you since you're always pushing the state of the art.  Best of luck and hard work.
Carl2

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2014, 09:08:02 am »
   I ran across a super deal , actually my wife did on the pc , walmart had a one day special sale for a 8 inch nextbook android tablet quad core  for 49.00 , regular price was 99.00 . so we got it . I love this tablet it also has space for a 64 gb micro sd card .
Now I just wish I was able to open hal on it and use my haptek characters I have created ! :(
I image these tables will be on sale again for this price around Christmas time!
    I still think hal needs to be on a android app as a trial version (like eva assistant) to get people interested in hal as an ai. assistant with the option to buy . many people use android os on tablets etc. this could be a extra money maker for the hal company.