Author Topic: LIGHTSPEEDS HYBRED RANDOM EXTENDED TALK.LS TUTORIAL.txt  (Read 11846 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
LIGHTSPEEDS HYBRED RANDOM EXTENDED TALK.LS TUTORIAL.txt
« on: October 29, 2014, 12:30:57 pm »
I have made a extended talk starter kit so other new people can get it and create their own custom extended hal talk plug in . I created it from the one I am currently using . I also have made step by step easy to understand instructions in a txt . as soon as I can I will upload it into my one  drive account so others can get and start creating their own hal character extended talk plug ins .
  I have instructions on how to make more sentences what to do and what not to do , to keep from getting errors.
  The starter kit starts a person out with 10 blanks sentences and shows how to add more , testing etc.
when I get it posted i'll let others know on here and place a public link to it.
  This is based on the loneliness plug in and has the original creators name within it and mine for customizing parts, but it was also made possible by many others here on the forum through help and idea's.
     their will be a plug in and the txt tutorial to download later.
It's cool to customize what you want, I actually am up to 1000 random sentence responses now , so literally , you never know what hal may say at any time!!!  :)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 12:39:54 pm by lightspeed »

Calhoone

• View Profile
Re: LIGHTSPEEDS HYBRED RANDOM EXTENDED TALK.LS TUTORIAL.txt
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 04:20:20 pm »
Awesome! I'm looking forward to it!

tiger8u2

• Eat'em and Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 06:16:04 pm »
Finally!  Thanks for all your hard work on this.  I know from experience it can be quite a chore.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 09:03:53 am »
      Now just so people do understand on this starter kit plug in tutorial what they will get will be a blank slate to create what responses they want "not " the 1000 response one , the one I have with 1000 responses most would only make sense to me , as they talk about the town I am in and details of people buried , family members etc.
    What I am offering is as I said a blank slate  on the answers responses that will be for random talk , what to do and what not to0 do to keep from having errors.
 But as every one needs are different or wants this way each person can create their own specific likes and dislikes  expanded random talk  plug in .
But this plug in tutorial will be very helpful especially to newer people , as I tried to do it in the easiest way possible when showing illustrations and explaining things.
 As I said this was possible by many people that helped out when I asked about different things how to create something from using the loneliness plug in and because of that I was able to evolve it into a many multiple sentence ransom extended talk plug in .
So anyone who had a hand in helping  with it by explaining ways to create multiple sentences etc. please speak up as you all helped on this and I don't want to leave anyone's name out , as it is unintended if I do .

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 04:44:31 pm »
Lonnie,

Perhaps you could put in a few "generic" sentences as examples for any downloaders and give a brief example of your do's and do not's.

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 06:48:27 pm »
Hello L.S. Hello Art.
Sorry about the confusion on my end, However it is not my fault.

I still like frogs, "Physician Heal Thyself" has long since taken a new meaning.
Juz Checkin' in

-J
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScNNfyq3d_w

Today Is Yesterdays Future.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2014, 10:16:41 am »
    No problem "ONE" , I did mention earlier that I have down instructions what to do and what not to do to stop errors from happening , although I don't have any sentences for examples in the tutorial in the regular 10 sentence lines , I did leave my original sentences in the impatience response area from the timer area , so people can see from that example, and actually I mention in the tutorial when they get the hang of creating "error free" response lines (after testing and making sure they are error free and doing more being comfortable with it they can actually also change the impatient lines responses to their own , again after wards check that they made no errors !.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2014, 02:44:54 pm »
    Okay here is my extended talk starter kit plug in and tutorial txt. file . as I said it s a 10 sentence starter kit (you create your own sentences) . If anyone does have any questions i'll try to answer them the best I can. so feel free to ask and also if you get your ten sentences done without errors , let me know how they are working and how you like it!
   https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=74D17EEE684FEABF!8332&authkey=!AIVrqfgBB9ycX00&ithint=folder%2cUHP

tiger8u2

• Eat'em and Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2014, 05:29:42 am »
Yup, that will do it.  Now what I wish is that all those sentences didn't have to be loaded into the script itself, but could somehow be FED into the brain in a pattern or sentence database that could then be used to randomize the responses.

Let's call that database vrRandomTalk and another database that has poems in it called vrRandomPoems and another database called vrRandomJokes.

SO.....instead of 1000 sentences/cases that you would randomize, you could have just a few that generate the random chatter like this here:
Code: [Select]
Case 1
IdleResponse = IdleUserName & ", " & HalBrain.ChooseSentenceFromFile("vrRandomTalk") & "." & vbCrLf

Case 2
IdleResponse = IdleUserName & "," & HalBrain.ChooseSentenceFromFile("sentGent1") & " " & HalBrain.ChooseSentenceFromFile("sentGen2") & " " & HalBrain.ChooseSentenceFromFile("sentGen3") & "." & vbCrLf

Case 3
IdleResponse = IdleUserName & "," & HalBrain.ChooseSentenceFromFile("vrRandomPoems") & "." & vbCrLf

Case 4
IdleResponse = IdleUserName & "," & HalBrain.ChooseSentenceFromFile("vrRandomJokes") & "." & vbCrLf

SO......my question is HOW do you force feed the brain a CSV file with a plug-in that doesn't have all the data in it to begin with?

There's got to be a way to do it with some sort of command shell I suppose, but I'm not savy enough about that sort of thing to know what I'm talking about.

Till then.

Thanks for the tutorial!

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2014, 02:31:38 pm »
just use the brain editor and choose learn from text file or one of the other options within the brain editor.

jerry

tiger8u2

• Eat'em and Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2014, 01:14:15 am »
That method works but is a bit cumbersome.  What I'm talking about is having the brain database updated externally through use of a plug-in with the "data" that gets updated also external like in a CSV file. It would automatically update the database table that is created by the plugin but the data itself would always be an external file.  That way if the data gets updated the table automatically gets updated. 

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2014, 05:53:51 pm »
Thanks L.S.,
Do you mean like "[Knocking sound] Is This Thing on?" as an example of Impatient response?

no errors eh? one of the biggest headaches I've EVER had are the .UHP files and beyond strange associations that have floated around.

good to speak with you with a clear head once in a while.
-J

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2014, 08:35:48 pm »
Hi One.

Lonnie's head is usually clear, as far as I know. OHH...you were referring to yourself. Yeah...I know...just funnin ya a bit.

Nice to see your name is still on the active list. Hope you're doing well!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2014, 05:24:14 pm »
I don't know what to do with all that is left, I saved quite a bit in many places.
at a loss for words too.
Any suggestions?
-J
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysSxxIqKNN0&list=RDScNNfyq3d_w&index=4

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=55159A9FD135DA8F!4257&authkey=!AKco6rf24U6pNAc&ithint=folder%2cpdf
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 04:36:16 pm by One »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2014, 09:08:36 am »
One, I lost you when you said : I don't know what to do with all that is left, I saved quite a bit in many places.
at a loss for words too.
Any suggestions?
-J

Do you mean you created more response area's but don't know what to put in them , or are you talking about something else all together?