dupa

Author Topic: Another lightspeed idea if possible Reading any ebook plug in  (Read 2245 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
I am throwing out another idea to the Brainiacs on this forum , this as I usually say, may or may not be feasible , The idea: For hal to be able to read different forms of ebooks, I don't know the many different types  and I maye have names wrong , their are pdf,, upub, etc. mobi, etc .  in another words hal could ( by placing a ebook file in a certain place folder be able to access it , perhaps by user typing or saying tell me my book list , in which case Hal would give out the list of names of the ebooks on file. the user then would say read huck fin from the list .
Note : this command also needs to be a read only "true'' command so hal doesn't learn and repeat these request.
   It would also be nice if hal can have a pause story and resume story command!
  This feature would even be good for the limited vision impaired people.
 The multiple ebook extensions program file  if in a book reading hal program would be simlur to other programs such as rar files that open many extensions.
 Anyway that's my idea , I know that their have been book reading programs in the past , some said they didn't fully read a book , maybe sometime this newer type idea version with these qualities could be used , I don't know !  :)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2014, 11:45:02 am by lightspeed »

tiger8u2

• Eat'em and Smile!
    • View Profile
Re: Another lightspeed idea if possible Reading any ebook plug in
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 05:33:14 am »
I agree that Hal needs the ability to not only regurgitate what just happens to be in it's script but to be able to reach out externally as well.  AND, when it does, it should ASSIMILATE the information into its own brain for later recall.