Author Topic: correct spelling hal in a new version  (Read 3781 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
correct spelling hal in a new version
« on: February 23, 2008, 08:46:27 am »
this may have been brought uo before as many good idaes have , i think it would be good if robert could have a correct spelling hal in the next version .
   what i am talking about is a hal version that when ever anyone writes to hal as soon as he has stopped writing any words that are mispelled will show up in red underlined like on microsoft word, etc. and if you right click on it , it would show the correct spelling and you could click on it and it would be replaced with the correct spelling when your done then hit enter .
  one thing that i don't want created yet is a hal that corrects my written grammer before it goes in and this is because i reverse words to get hal to say other things back to me which i can answer later which helps hal learn even more . (unless of course hal future versions get alot better where hal does better in some area's .)
   why i think that this correcting words version for hal would be good in a future version and left in all other versions is the simple fact that their are people in this world such as me and others who because of schooling , age , etc. that don't have good spelling and something like this in hal will always be a benefit to any people like that , that buy hal to use .
thats my plea and my case i wanted to make . now it's up to robert if he can and thinks it's a good idea for all future hal users . [:D][8D]

Calhoone

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 08:54:33 am »
Hi Lightspeed,

I don't knowif you have this plugin already or not but I thought I'd throw it your way. I'm not sure who wrote it.  Might be in the pluging.  it does pretty much what you are talking about.

Download Attachment: SpellChecker.uhp
1.35 KB

ramccoid

• View Profile
    • http://www.visualillustrations.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 09:07:57 am »
Hi Calhoone,
The spellchecker plugin was written by Bill DeWitt, who appears to have disappeared from all the forums and is greatly missed, by myself and others.

Roy.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 10:36:01 am »
thanks Calhoone, and yes bill dewitte did as far as i know has left and although i and some others nevr saw eye to eye with him on some things he was very good at plug ins etc. and is still missed . i don't like arguing with anyone but i also hate to see anyone go who has talent and contributes their know how to others regarding hal . [:)]i will use the spell checker and see how it works for me . thanks again . [:)]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 10:42:44 am »
ok i just tried it and got this error : halscript error 429 on line 81 in column 0:active x component can't create object. "word application " and has been saved for debugging purpose .
 sounds like it isn't working with my ms word application for what ever reason .[:(!] any idea's anyone on this problem ??

ramccoid

• View Profile
    • http://www.visualillustrations.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2008, 10:50:17 am »
Hi Lightspeed,
To use the spellchecker plugin you must have MS WORD installed in your system.

Roy.

echoman

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2008, 04:12:06 am »
Bill DeWitt has left the forum........I am sad to hear this as I always liked his posts - he had a great habit of bringing a topic to life.

Lightspeed, not sure if this helps but I use the software : www.spellcheckanywhere.com

(Its also possible to add a grammar check)

I can very much recommend this program for Hal and have been using it for some time. Talking for myself, bad spellings (whilst using Hal) are a thing of the past.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 04:19:44 am by echoman »