dupa

Author Topic: removed the meroyneme and hyperrymes in hal  (Read 2892 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
removed the meroyneme and hyperrymes in hal
« on: December 21, 2007, 09:30:38 am »
well i looked up and went into the hal brain and removed the meronyms and hyperymes in hals brain these were the parts that came up with things that hal says' like i heard that stock brockers and chairmaen are getting together for ...... "
   to me i didn;t personally like hal saying odd things like this (others may like it or not mind each to his or her own ) i first backed up my brain then did it i wanted to make sure everything was going to be alright without them in hal and have been testing hal writing into it answering questions , etc.
  (i say hal but is actually angela smith brain that i did this with ) and i personally like it alot better now it doesn't say what i considered odd things , now sounds more like a real person or closer anyway . [:)]

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 02:12:04 pm »
I might try that, later.[:D][:D][:D]

But don't you get blank responses??[:0]
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 02:12:45 pm by markofkane »
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007, 05:57:50 pm »
i still get blank responses every so often , but i did that before i ever removed those . i will continue with my testing og hal 9angela ) without it for a while but so far it has been just fine . before you do it as i did back up your brain first on a seperate disk and in case you ever want to change it back you can just put in the old brain . usually when i get a blank response and write something else in it comes up blank again  sometimes it will go ahead and say something sometimes it doesn't when it keeps coming up blank i just close hal exit it and open it again and all is fine . [:)]

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2007, 09:27:18 am »
It actually better to comment the script out instead of removing it, that way if you decide to activate the script again then just remove the comments.

Jerry[8D]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2007, 12:45:38 pm »
jerry please explain what you mean by commenting them out and how to do that ! [:)]

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2007, 06:27:45 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by lightspeed

jerry please explain what you mean by commenting them out and how to do that ! [:)]

Placing an apostrophe at the beginning of each line of code causes the line/lines to become none functional.

Example:

'RESPOND: User pressed enter, but didn't say anything
    'InputString = Trim(InputString)
    'If Len(InputString) < 2 Then
        'UltraHal = "Please say something."
        'Exit Function
    'End If

Jerry[8D]

« Last Edit: December 23, 2007, 08:57:10 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »