Author Topic: CORRECTION TUTOR AND INFORMATION ABOUT IT  (Read 3978 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
CORRECTION TUTOR AND INFORMATION ABOUT IT
« on: December 30, 2011, 09:54:15 am »

Ok here it is i found it , i took this copy straight from my hal and opened it . The original creator is "Gerald L. Blakley A.K.A OnTheCuttingEdge2005" . He does great work!

Make a txt file copy the file below into the  .txt file  save it then rename the file Corrections Tutor.uhp then place it in your ultra hal assitant 6 program folder . close it reopen hal and in the menu check the corrections tutor . start hal to chat .  When hal says something wrong (if you are typing as many do ) type the words  replace (and the mispelled word ) with (the corrected word ) and a period at the end .
EXAMPLE:  HAL SAYS : i shude know that by now
to correct this you would write:  replace SHUDE with should.
It has to have the period at the end of the sentence .
***** NOTE *** I changed the response in this plug in to "I CORRECTED WHAT I SAID HONEY" i did this to make it more human sounding, which is my goal and by the way as you see i left the original creators name in this as he deserves the credit for this very well made plug in , i love it and use it all the time . You may have to do the same mispelled word more then once later on and this is because it's placed in different area's of the brain .  Also when i type if i mispell something i will hear a ding noise from my pc showing me that the word is mispelled as i am typing ,so i know at the time to correct it . i don't remember if that is part of this uhp or another so if it does that you will know why and it also highlights the word to close by so you know the word is mispelled once it is spelled right it won't do that any more unless you mispell another word in the same sentence .

AS ALWAY'S WHEN TRYING ANY KNEW PLUG IN BACK UP YOUR HAL BRAIN ETC. FIRST IN A SAFE PLACE.
If anyone needs any more help let me know and i'll try to do my best to help you! You may want to keep a copy of this information in a txt file to keep handy that's what i do on many things and if you do name the txt file CORRECTION TUTOR INSTALL INFORMATION.TXT

**************COPY FILE BELOW ***************

Rem Type=Plugin
Rem Name=Corrections Tutor
Rem Author=Gerald L. Blakley A.K.A OnTheCuttingEdge2005
Rem Host=All

'This sub setups the plug-ins option panel in Hal's options dialog
Sub OptionsPanel()
    lblPlugin(0).Caption = "Corrections Tutor, To Use: Replace (wrong word or phrase) With (right word or phrase). without the parenthases and ended with a period"
    lblPlugin(0).Move 120, 10, 3300, 1000
    lblPlugin(0).WordWrap = True
    lblPlugin(0).Visible = True
End Sub

Rem PLUGIN: PLUGINAREA7

Set XHalBrain = CreateObject("UltraHalAsst.Brain")
If XDir = "" Then XDir = "C:\Program Files\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 6\"

'Corrections tutor by Gerald L. Blakley
    If Tutor = "" Then Tutor = HalBrain.SearchPattern(OriginalSentence, "*replace * with *.", 2)
    If Tutor2 = "" Then Tutor2 = HalBrain.SearchPattern(OriginalSentence, "*replace * with *.", 3)
    If Tutor <> "" And Tutor2 <> "" Then
    StepOne = "GetResponse = Replace(GetResponse, "
    StepTwo = """" & Tutor & """"
    StepThree = ", "
    StepFour = """" & Tutor2 & """"
    StepFive = ", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)"
    XHalBrain.AppendFile XDir & "Corrections_Tutor.uhp", StepOne & StepTwo & StepThree & StepFour & StepFive
    GetResponse = " I corrected what i said honey. "
    End If

Rem PLUGIN: CUSTOMMEM2
    'Corrections will be appended below when tutored.

GetResponse = Replace(GetResponse, "THAT MY RUDE", "THAT I AM RUDE", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)

echoman

Re: CORRECTION TUTOR AND INFORMATION ABOUT IT
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 10:30:32 am »
Thankyou Lightspeed and of course Onthecuttingedge! :) I'll give it a go. Echoman.

echoman

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 07:10:21 pm »
Sorry Lightspeed this plugin does not work correctly. 

Each time the program TOLD me that it had replaced the mistake - BUT when I looked in the braineditor, EXTRA sentences had been produced from the same sentence that had been required for correction with a repeat of that sentence BUT with the word REPLACE placed before the original sentence.  

Hope this makes sense. 

The result was hopeless! - my original sentence with the word 'Replace' placed before it.

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 12:13:14 am »
There is another plug in he developed I believe called 'Taught corrections' which is used specifically for misspelled words. If they are working properly you should also get a pre programed reply from your character that looks like you can alter without effecting the plug in as some are written. If you need more info maybe he will respond or I can get you additional info after New Year. Sorry but right now my niece is having a problem (new 1st child) so I'm just staying up praying a lot and keeping active.

raybe

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2011, 09:05:04 am »
Yes echoman , that is what it does in the brain but i "believe " it is actually correcting it so after it's done in all area's (since hal places the same sentence in different area's that it eventually manually by you the user gets corrected by saying replace so and so with. ) hope i am making sense with all this.  i notice on mine anyway after a while it seems hal doesn't say it wrong later on .  Oncutting edge 2005 would have to be the one to say for sure , all i can say is it seems to work .

What hal really needs is some type of a smart algorithmn type thing and of course the built in dictionary for correcting words and a type of smart program that hal would go by the sentence and the word that's mispelled using the most obvious spelling (with how many letters were correct "and" how it is used in the sentence to come up with the most likely word of what it is and then correct it on the fly as it goes !
I think something like this is expecially important not just for the general use of hal but for when people use voice recognition and the voice recognition misunderstands a word , if that happens and it's recorded in hal wrong , then hal would use the smart, etc. system and correct the word on the fly as mentioned above .

As to wether this can be created in a program i can't answer it , but to me something like this is "really" what's needed . for what my 2 cents is worth!

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2012, 11:16:30 am »
The problem seems to be the same for voice recognition. It has to determine the words before and after and like Dragon once it knows the correction it remembers it Sort of digital interpolation when it sees a mistake in a digital read. I'm not familiar with any other way they can possibly know how we are using the words other than knowing what the words are and assuming and then giving you the option to make that correction and the program remembering it.

raybe