Author Topic: let there be light !......(changes) for haptek  (Read 6236 times)

crunch

• View Profile
let there be light !......(changes) for haptek
« on: December 22, 2004, 07:39:14 am »
I am still working on the plug-in that will allow on the fly changing of the lighting and position in hal using the haptek characters......
But>>>>>>>>>

until I get it done here.......

for those of you who have successfully changed the normal1,2 &3 files to load your characters skins do this....

open those same files click at the end of where you put the settexture string and give 2 returns...(2 spaces.)
then insert this string.

SetLight[i0= 1 i1= 2 f0= -1 f1= 1 f2= -0.7  ]

and yes that first slash is a back slash..... all the spaces have to be exact.. so copy this and past it in...
you will see the skin textures better in the girls....

Have fun
[8D]
Crunch

<<I can't is the seed that never grows!>>

vonsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2004, 12:09:57 pm »
crunch,
Thanks for the lighting data. It will be useful.

The XTF Brain v1.4 will be able to reposition your character on command.

Example:
"Hal come a little closer.", "Step back a little.", "Let me see your face.", "Stand back so I can see you."

Some commands will be to move to an absolute position, some will be relative changes in position. I haven't tested all combinations with the full body girl and head type characters.

I've changed lighting experimentally. I haven't figured out yet how incorporate it into Hal's routine. How would you ask Hal to change lighting? Maybe it will be best for users to just add their favorite lighting by placing a load command in their brain scripts?

Thoughts/comments anyone?

=vonsmith=

Maviarab

• View Profile
    • http://3d-fantasyportraits.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2004, 06:03:42 pm »
To crunch and von.

crunch,
Thanks for the lighting tip, works a treat. I am very interested in making skins but only have PaintShopPro8 at the moment. Isthis going to be possible?

I had mada a ton of skins for my Sim characters (yes I know lol) and would like to try and convert them for use with the haptek body.

Any tips?

vonsmith,
After reading your above post regarding movement commands I let my cigerette burn away lol. Amazing. As for the lighting issue, i am no code cruncher but would it be possible to perhaps have a command feature using direction and degrees? IE: move light to NW 80o?

Also, read in a separate post of yours you can command your Hal (sorry forgot her name) to change wardrobe at will...Is this specific to your brain or is possible to have copy of the script for this? I know is cheeky asking but I am very impressed at what you are able to accomplish.

Marius

AIDreams...The new home of the Digital Girl

www.aidreams.co.uk

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2004, 06:46:13 pm »
Marius,

My skins were actually done at a resolution of 2048 X 2048 then reduced to 1024 X 1024. I think the skins for the SIMS are somewhat smaller. If you tried to use a SIMS skin for a Haptek character I'm afraid it might come out quite pixelated / distorted.

Also a tip: I'm not sure about your Brits keyboards but we Yanks can use the ALT key and the numeric keypad to get various symbols like:
80º (the degree symbol = ALT + 167). There are many others available in the ASCII instruction set. (When's the last time you heard ASCII used?) LOL! When's the last time you used DOS!?

Enjoy your Holiday!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2004, 05:49:01 am by Art »
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Maviarab

• View Profile
    • http://3d-fantasyportraits.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2004, 06:52:11 pm »
To both of your questions a long long time ago lmao...and i do not want to do a straight transfer of the skins (i know this is not possible) because as you pointed out they are quite small (and yes they would look horrid lol)...but more transfer the designs over that i created.

So yes I would have to redo all of them but at least I have a base from which to work from.

The other question in general was crunch's skins are very detailed and just wanted to know if the psp8 is a good enough prog to maybe get even a close result.
AIDreams...The new home of the Digital Girl

www.aidreams.co.uk

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2004, 07:58:01 pm »
I use PSP for most of my graphic work and it is a lot less expensive than PhotoShop. One way to try is to try.
There are several friends on mine that use a graphics tablet for creating their designs if that's an option for you.
I think the 4X6 Graphire can be had for less than $100 US and it comes with a cordless mouse!

Good luck which ever way you decide

Have a nice Holiday!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

crunch

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2004, 08:45:34 pm »
Hello all/
sorry just got up... Girlfriend, Christmas shopping, work,Hal, work,work....lol i guess got to me I crashed at 06:00 got upn at17:00
[:D]

I have most of the Higher end graphics solutions available but i am also a PSP beta tester, and believe it or not for these skins and other certain thIngs i find PSP preferable and faster thatn the others.... I do use a pad and stylus sometimes but you can also do fine work with a mouse if you lay your plam on the desk top and small movement with fingers to move mouse.....

For skins start at a highb rez.. at least 2400x2400 also you will need a lot of memory in your machine as you create layers befor you ,merge them, befor my final mege and smudging i some times have as many as 20 or so layers ..... the skins you have were created in Paint Shop Pro 8.5..beta 9  with Kai,alien skins ect plug-ins.... for your basic skin first create a small 800x800 skin texture.. color add pores, freckles what ever,make them 4 times bigger than they should be..... then seamless tile it, then reduce it by 4... now save it in PSP or Photo Shop as a Texture.... you first step on layer 2 is to use the dump tool and just dump that texture... then go from there..

VON>>>>>>>>>
 i will stop working on the position thing as i am sure it would be very redundent and your in the new brain sounds way better than i could do..
 For lighting this is what i was thinking????

I create different lighting scripts such as this one for light from below right....hap script follows. forward slash is a back slash..

#HaptekSDK Version= 1.0 HapType= command FileType= text

/SetLight[i0= 1 i1= 2 f0= -1 f1= 1 f2= -0.7  ]

ok i save all the different scripts as .hap file as is done for making them for the web.....
i put the hap light files saved with numbered names....ie.. light1.hap and so forth.. into hal's character folder....

Now i thought there should be a way to use the string you did in the XTF 1.2 brain for telling hal to make faces....
Instead it is change to commands to change the lighting....and then that altered string is placed in the brain maybe right under the faces commands......
Hal change lights to light 1...
Or Hal Light one please...
Hal light 2 please.....

Von am I in the right direction here?????????? i have not had time to test it as of yet was going to later tonight???? It seems to me that in theiry it should work.....

also useing your same string for faces altered..i was also thinking of makeing .hap files for independent  head, arm, ect movements so the user could say.....
Hal please turn your head to the left... Hal please lift your right arm... ect... yes i know mostly useless commands but it would add interaction....
 Hal look at me please when i am talking.... lol

Ok Is this possible the way i am thinking Von???

[:D]

Have fun all Merry Christmas!
Crunch

« Last Edit: December 22, 2004, 08:48:22 pm by crunch »
Crunch

vonsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2004, 09:29:37 pm »
crunch,
As usual you are right on the mark. The next logical step for the Haptek character is to do some custom animations beyond what is built in. I'm going to include some of the built in animations with XTF Brain v1.4. The Haptek SDK makes a couple of recommendations for animation programming software. I haven't checked them out yet. I've got more to do on v1.4 than I can handle. I think custom animations would be a nice touch for v1.5 or as a paste-in after v1.4 release.

As for the lighting... I could add some commands to Hal as suggested. I would prefer to make it more interactive with Hal though. I'll give it some more thought.

=vonsmith=

crunch

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2004, 12:25:43 am »
Ahhhhhhh! [:)] scarry I'm starting to be able to guess some the the brain code....

I like your idea of making the lighting commands more interactive with hal.. I'll stop my work on the lighting scripts and just kick back.... yours will surly be nicer and more efficient for the machine.
As far as the other animations I'll keep playing with them and if I get something that looks good, it can be a add on later for the XTF.. I'll send what I get to you after you release the next XTF ... as in...when you have more extra time. So you can de-bug/ fix  my mistakes and make sure it will work for every body.. ( I know I would kill myself and everyone in this community join in if I distracted you from that very imporatnt project....) sure can't wait...

As far as the Haptek tools go. I ordered the entire SDK and all the commercial tools... I am sure it is ok for me to send you copies when they get here so you can help me decipher them all....[:I] as I am paying for multiple machine licences...

crunch
Crunch

vonsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2004, 01:36:37 am »
crunch,
Really what can I say? <mouth open,stupid look on face>

Hal is going to be one happy camper.

=vonsmith=

d_blake1

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2004, 02:19:07 am »
I seem to be feeling as the bloody leacher!
First, I wish to thank Robert Medekza for creating this wonderful program, or should I say "Entity.” Secondly Professor VonSmith and Sir Crunch, for all the help and extras they have produced. Your bloke’s files make it so much more. Moreover, everyone else here who has helped by posted enhancements. Everything from the splendid files to advice you have given have been absolutely flawless. I can honestly say my life is much enhanced since the day I happened into this bit of space on the WWW.
 I have had a bit of time to work with my Hal, I named her Matilda, she is doing just fine with her "Beautiful Looks" and fine young inquisitive mind. All thanks to you.

I also realize I have received much without any layout from my end. Accordingly, I feel an urgent need to contribute. I do some Photo Shop work. I am volunteering if I may be of any service feel free.

Again this Community as I have noticed some of you call it, is the pearl beyond any price.

D
« Last Edit: December 23, 2004, 02:30:36 am by d_blake1 »
"Eh Moe Hit Dis!"

HALImprover

• View Profile
    • BrianTaylor.me
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2004, 02:35:53 am »
I have a suggestion for dynamically changing the lighting scheme. Use

HalCommands = "<HAPFILE>" & filename & "</HAPFILE>"

where filename is the .hap file with the lighting script.
Living life with a loving heart, peaceful mind, and bold spirit.