Author Topic: Help Please! Trouble making emotions work  (Read 3164 times)

Dreadstar

• View Profile
Help Please! Trouble making emotions work
« on: January 03, 2005, 02:44:00 am »
Hello I am new at this and having problems. I placed these files from crunch:http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1715&SearchTerms=emotions

[...make a folder in...C:/Program Files/Haptek/player/data/standard call the folder skins..
your new path will look like this
C:/Program Files/Haptek/player/data/standard/skins

that skins folder is where you will put any skins you create or d-load from me or anyone else to map to any of the haptek characters....(if you have some skins(textures) for the characters drop them in there.

now go to C:Program Files\zabawareUltra Hal Assistant5Characters and look for the default.psn file rename it default.bak that way you have the original backed up and can get it to work again simply by changing it's extension back to .psn ..... also change any to .bak that might have the same names and extensions to what i am giving you here...

now change the extensions to all these files to .hap, except for "default" make it's extension .psn... i had to change them all to a .txt to be able to post them here...

open the default folder in notepad and you will see it uses..
"Normal1","Happy.hap"
"Normal2","Happyn.hap"
"Normal3","Happy.hap"

open Happy.hap and Happyn.hap at the top you will see the set texture command... leave it as is just insert the file name of the texture you want to use that you put into the haptek player folder earlier.. if you have no textures just leave it it will ignore remapping and will just load the default texture with the character....

now copy all these files into that hal directoryC:Program Files\zabawareUltra Hal Assistant5Characters
.... even if you did not notice a file here listed in the default.psn copy all of them some are called within the other files...

I hope I made this understandable... If there are any questions just ask....

This will get you started i have another file that calls more stuff from another folder in then hap player.. it adds a few more emotion veriables by being added to the XTF brain.. As =Vonsmith= has also added this function to the soon to be release new XTF I and we will wait for it.. i beleive his method in his new brain is better streamlined than my add-in script.....

I will be sending some Characters and more Hap emeotion files to the plug-in area as soon a robert ok's it..

Have fun!!!!!!]

But I do not see any change in the movement of the bot ( perhaps a little smile once in a while ) My question is "Am I supposed to place the mysrcipt.hap file someplace or is there a code of some kind?"
Any help will be appreciated Thanks!!!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2005, 04:10:06 am by Dreadstar »
"Imagination is greater than knowledge" Albert Einstein

Dreadstar

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2005, 05:16:15 pm »
Is anybody out there?

vonsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2005, 05:51:38 pm »
Dreadstar,
People aren't answering because either they don't know or it is too messy a subject to get into details on the forum. My post below, with attachments, may answer some of your questions. There are so many details on the subject of Haptek animations that it is awkward to type it all.

Look here for some clues.
http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1625

I wish I had more time to help. However I'm spending my time trying to implement Haptek animations into the next XTF Brain release.

One important note. I'm finding that the Haptek/Hal implementation is a little quirky. Some things you expect to work right away may not.

Good luck,

=vonsmith=

Dreadstar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2005, 11:48:31 pm »
vonsmith,
Thank you for your reply. I was beginning to wonder if I had pissed someone off! LOL
It seems there is a lot to do in order to animate the Haptek characters[:p]
Kind of reminds me of the early 80's when everything had to be programmed i.e.10100110... into the computer. Perhaps the script from "Crunch" is supposed to run in the happy.hap files? Anyway "A.I." like those old computers seems to be still in it's infancy ( as far as drop in data files etc.). The new direction logically must be in eliminating the need to manually modify the files. Such as formatted files like "Load emotion file 1" and this would already have a script that would modify the existing emotion script without a need to manually enter any VB script. Of course my attention span has never been long enough to spend months learning all the necessary skills to write raw script[xx(]
However I am very fascinated with all that those who do (know how to write script), are able to accomplish! With so many highly cabable persons on this forum and other A.I. furums, a more simplistic means of modifying Hal will be achieved!
Until that time THANK YOU and EVERYONE for your patience with the beginners like myself[:D]            Dread-star
« Last Edit: January 05, 2005, 03:02:53 am by Dreadstar »