dupa

Author Topic: Christmas Hal Wish List  (Read 3064 times)

midget1488

• View Profile
Christmas Hal Wish List
« on: December 19, 2004, 02:24:53 pm »
I'm very pleased to see Robert M. peeking in on us from time to time. Ultra Hal is an outstanding product, and well worth what he asks for it.

If I could have one thing included in a new release or update, I would ask for one or more timers to be made available to the script by the .exe. This, in combination with a few rnd spinners, would allow us to have Hal do some pseudo-spontaneous stuff beyond what I've been able to do up to now. I've not been able to do this by working with the "now" values.

That, and a good set of handles to pass Hal variables from other VB programs...

Enjoy your holidays, everyone, and thanks for a great hobby, Mr. M!

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Christmas Hal Wish List
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2004, 03:25:53 pm »
Have you tried using the auto-idle function added to Hal 5? Does that not provide the functionality you would want from timers?
Robert Medeksza

midget1488

• View Profile
Christmas Hal Wish List
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2004, 04:20:13 pm »
Hi Robert, thanks for replying.

The auto-idle function serves well. I re-wrote some of the "user is repeating himself" scripting so that Hal now attempts to spur on-topic conversation on the auto-idle interval.

My attempts to add some variance to the interval haven't worked, and I'd like to have more than one thing going on at differing intervals.

Perhaps there's a way to get the auto-idle function to do multiple duty. Haven't tried it yet (and it may well be beyond my abilities...) I'm definately a shade-tree programmer...

Thanks Robert...[^]

Doug