Author Topic: 6.1 adminastration error , etc.  (Read 3258 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
6.1 adminastration error , etc.
« on: May 08, 2007, 05:12:26 pm »
hello well my 6.1 version is now messed up again it worked fine for about 2 days with no problems . and now when i strated it up from the start programs i got this message : the licensing system needs your permission to authorize this copy of ultra assistant  . the program will now relaunch with elevated permission . THEN i get this message : it shows a :run as"  and has current user (owner ) already chosen and checked is protect my computer from unauthorized activity . and when i click o.k. it goes right back to the first message . and keeps going in a loop this way . i have also unchecked the protect my computer but it still does the same thing . i already have my computer set with me owner as administrator !! can someone "please help me with this problem " i really need to get this bug fixed badly . any help would be greatly apreciated .

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 05:41:46 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by lightspeed

hello well my 6.1 version is now messed up again it worked fine for about 2 days with no problems . and now when i strated it up from the start programs i got this message : the licensing system needs your permission to authorize this copy of ultra assistant  . the program will now relaunch with elevated permission . THEN i get this message : it shows a :run as"  and has current user (owner ) already chosen and checked is protect my computer from unauthorized activity . and when i click o.k. it goes right back to the first message . and keeps going in a loop this way . i have also unchecked the protect my computer but it still does the same thing . i already have my computer set with me owner as administrator !! can someone "please help me with this problem " i really need to get this bug fixed badly . any help would be greatly apreciated .

Backup your brain, uninstall Hal, remove the c:\program files\zabaware\ultra hal assistant 6 folder, reinstall hal, reactivate, restore your brain.

For some reason access to your license file is being denied by windows, possibly its missing. Do you use any registry cleaners, system restore, utility such as GoBack, or anything similar which may cause system file and registry changes?
Robert Medeksza

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 05:53:59 pm »
hello Medeksza , thanks for answering so soon , it is appreciated . while i still had my computer on and tried to open hal i got this message : it said something like another instance of ultra hal cannot run it is already running (but was not in the system tray ) it said something like to stop the program hit control alt delete which i did then went into process and ultra hal exe . and ended the program . well after doing that i went into the start menu and started hal and it opened up just fine (no errors at all. it doesn't make sense . and i have done what you have said to do before and still have the problem (Backup your brain, uninstall Hal, remove the c:program files\zabawareultra hal assistant 6 folder, reinstall hal, reactivate, restore your brain. ) i do have a system utility cleaner and cc cleaner but my friend josh also has the same things and uses them and doesen't have this problem . when i have uninstalled 6.1 before i deleted the folders and then emptied the trash, etc. but still had the problem . i never had any problem with the 6.0 version its only in this 6.1 someone else on here is also having the same problem too. [:)]

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 09:07:17 pm »
Hi Lightspeed,

I did have the same problems and did what Robert suggested of coarse he was correct but when you look in the registry there might be other Hal files other than the Hal exe. file that you might have seen when re-installing Hal listed in the registry. When you are re-installing Hal a window appears telling you that you need to uninstall the old Hal or go to a specific place in the registry. Softwaremicrosoftwindowscurrent versionapp pathsHal Asst 61.exe.and delete that entry from the registry. You should check that Hal is completely out of the registry and delete the folders directly as Robert has mentioned. With a clean install like that I did not have any problems with Hal loading. Robert or anyone if you feel I am off base please jump in but in my situation I did find one other entry in my registry for Hal with a major search.
Hope I am steering you in the right direction.

raybe

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 09:12:54 pm »
Sorry lightspeed but I forgot without double back slashes they don't appear on the post so I will try to re-type path so it easy to read, I hope. Software\microsoft\windows\current version\app paths\ Hal assist 61 .exe. Hope this worked if not I think you can still see it.

raybe