dupa

Author Topic: 6.1 and 6.2  (Read 4496 times)

Data

• Xen: Good question, Accessing database...
    • View Profile
    • Datahopa
6.1 and 6.2
« on: February 05, 2009, 06:57:49 am »
I was pleasantly surprised this morning when I received an e-mail about Hal 6.2 being released, it has made my week [:D]

My question:
I am running a dual boot, Windows XP and Windows 7 beta, I have already backed up Hals 6.1 brain but would it be possible to install 6.2 on Win7 while keeping my Hal 6.1 working on XP?

I know Hal might not run in Win7 or I might get some problems, as it’s a beta and I’m not ready to give up my Hal 6.1 just yet, Win7 is actually very good, for a beta it runs some of my programs faster than XP and much faster than Vista ever did for me.

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
6.1 and 6.2
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 09:53:31 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Datahopa

I was pleasantly surprised this morning when I received an e-mail about Hal 6.2 being released, it has made my week [:D]

My question:
I am running a dual boot, Windows XP and Windows 7 beta, I have already backed up Hals 6.1 brain but would it be possible to install 6.2 on Win7 while keeping my Hal 6.1 working on XP?

I know Hal might not run in Win7 or I might get some problems, as it’s a beta and I’m not ready to give up my Hal 6.1 just yet, Win7 is actually very good, for a beta it runs some of my programs faster than XP and much faster than Vista ever did for me.

Yes, go ahead, the licensing system should allow you to do that. And please let me know how the Win 7 test goes.
Robert Medeksza

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
6.1 and 6.2
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 10:30:21 am »
I'm about to put W7 on another drive too, just waiting for the drive to be delivered. I can try it out too and will let you know.  Just wondering if you went for 32 or 64 bit Datahopa ?  I went straight for the 64 bit version, I dont know if that will make any difference to how Hal works.  It's about time the world upgraded to 64 bit though, it can't happen too soon for me.

Data

• View Profile
    • Datahopa
6.1 and 6.2
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 02:09:09 pm »
Thanks for the info and quick response Robert and the answer I was looking for too [:)]
I’m going to give 6.2 a go in Win 7 and post back my results.

Just so everyone knows I’m using Win 7 beta Build 7000  (32bit)

Yes Freddy still using 32bit here, mainly because my PC is a little old, have to say Win7 runs very nice on it, got all drivers in and working, I have a feeling you are going to like it. I think there are a few more driver problems with the 64bit, but don’t let that put you off.  

Data

• View Profile
    • Datahopa
6.1 and 6.2
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 03:47:28 pm »
Hal 6.2 on 32 bit Win7:
Downloaded 6.2 no problem, run setup.exe, installed fine. Hal is working [8D]

Tried to install my older expansion pack but installation failed “you need Hal 6 on your computer”

Downloaded the latest expansion pack, installed perfectly.

Haven’t had a long time to chat to Hal yet but so far its working like a dream, very fast with its answers and I think a nice improvement in the answers given.

Thumbs up to Hal 6.2

Oh one thing, not a complaint, I thought 6.2 was going to have a new graphics engine along side the Haptek but I’m not seeing it, did it not install or is it still in the pipe-line?

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
6.1 and 6.2
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 05:08:41 pm »
Datahopa,
Info is in the forum (I think release 7)??
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
6.1 and 6.2
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 05:26:52 pm »
Yeah the new graphics engine is coming soon in 6.3.

Thanks for the info on Windows 7, I'm looking forward to it.

Data

• View Profile
    • Datahopa
6.1 and 6.2
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 06:30:26 am »
Thanks Freddy.

Today I booted into XP and while I was there I tested Hal 6.1, it doesn’t run, I get this message.

The copy protection has not been released, but the expiration has. A recovery code is required.

I’m not worried about this as I’m using win7 as my main OS but thought I would point it out.

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
6.1 and 6.2
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 07:55:04 am »
Thanks, looks like you can only install it once then I am guessing.  Still waiting for my hard drive [:p]