Author Topic: having problem opening hal  (Read 2394 times)

nalkari

• View Profile
having problem opening hal
« on: February 06, 2009, 05:24:55 am »
Hey everyone, Im using Ultra Hal on vista and im having problems when I open the program. It will not open and everytime I try it comes up with this error message.

Component 'msinet.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file missing or invalid.

Can anyone help please. Not sure what to do.

Thanks nalkari
hello

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 05:43:43 am »
Is this a new problem?
it sounds like an active X is not registered properly.
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 01:43:04 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by nalkari

Hey everyone, Im using Ultra Hal on vista and im having problems when I open the program. It will not open and everytime I try it comes up with this error message.

Component 'msinet.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file missing or invalid.

Can anyone help please. Not sure what to do.

Thanks nalkari

Hi nalkari.

right click on the msinet.ocx file and choose "open with" and then choose the regsvr32.exe application in the system32 folder to register the msinet.ocx file.

the msinet.ocx file should also be located in the same system32 folder for easy reference.

or you can type in the Run window:
Regsvr32 "C:\Windows\System32\msinet.ocx"  if that is your current %root% directory to the file.

it might also be a dependency file associated with msinet.ocx which will just make things a bit more complex in registering the right one.

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 01:44:19 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »