Author Topic: Installation stops after 1%  (Read 4924 times)

Popeye57

• View Profile
Installation stops after 1%
« on: December 05, 2016, 03:43:03 pm »
I have been trying to install Ultra Hal Assistant 6.2 trail version for thae past hour and every time i retry it always stops at 1% can anyone please help me with this issue.

My system conf.
“I hear and I forget, I see and I remember. I do and I understand.”

Popeye57

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Installation stops after 1%
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 09:27:26 pm »
Raid controller?

You might try to disable any firewalls / Anti-virus software during the install process. They should be fine afterwards, but it might be worth a try during install.

Do you have any other Anti-virus / anti-malware or firewall software or settings that might not allow the install?

Do you have to allow or set Authentication or permissions with a Firewall perhaps?

Just throwing darts to see if any stick.

Ordinarily, Hal installs pretty easily and without issue.

Keep us posted. Wish I could be of more assistance. Good luck!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Popeye57

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 10:45:31 pm »
Sorry for not responding right away, but i did get it to install it must of been the firewall. After trying it for awhile i ended up purchasing Hal 6.2  i entered the licence key and restarted Hal but i cannot get it to do the voice training or mic setting, now when i try to speak all the words i'm saying are mumble jumble its like it don't understand what i'm saying. the only way Hal will respond is if i type it out. Can you help me PLEASE

Thank you

Popeye57

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 08:33:06 am »
You must complete the voice training from Microsoft before Hal will understand you. Hal uses the Microsoft Speech system. It does not have it's own speech processor.

Check your microphone settings, eliminate as much background noise (fans, tv/radio, street noise, kids playing, etc.) as possible, use a decent quality microphone and speak clearly and directly as if you're speaking to a 4 year old.

That's the best I can offer at the moment.

Good luck!

- Art -

Popeye57

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2016, 11:25:26 am »
Thank you so much for replying, i will let you know. BTW i have Dragon Naturally Speaking 13 i read that i can use it so do i still have to do the MS one or do i have to do both?

Thanks again

Popeye57

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2016, 07:57:32 am »
You must train which ever one you will be using in an attempt to speak with your Hal.

Pay attention to the previous post about microphone settings & background noise, etc.

- Art -

Popeye57

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2016, 12:05:32 pm »
Thank you for responding so fast.
I have a problem, my brother had just downloaded the trial version and I did as Art has told me when I installed mine, I disabled the firewall I disabled the virus protector and restarted his system just to be sure that we are starting fresh, I then tried to install HAl 6 again, I have tried now four times and every time it stops at 1% so at this point I do not know what to do.
Have you ever heard of anyone running into this problem, because it is beginning to be very annoying.
Can someone please help me with this situation.
Thank you in advance.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 01:02:43 pm by Popeye57 »

Popeye57

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2016, 02:55:01 pm »
Apparently you (or brother) got Hal installed properly.

What seemed to have been the trouble with the initial install?
It might serve to benefit others.

Thanks

- Art -

Popeye57

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2016, 06:39:33 pm »
Yes mine has installed properly after getting the help from you and explaining what I should do. But as for my brothers HAL 6.2 trial version we still have not been able to figure out why it will not install, like I said I have done exactly what you had told me to do with mine, but to no success up to this point nothing is working to allow Hal to install it just freezes at the 1%.

Thank you for your help

Popeye57

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2016, 09:41:22 pm »
Do tell me that your brother is trying to install on HIS computer and not on yours as well. That just doesn't work. hehe...

Ask him to do the same things that you went through, Temporarily Turn off Anti-virus, Firewall, Anti-Malware or any other Open programs that might possibly interfere.  Turn OFF any Windows Screen Savers or other animations as well. They can interfere sometimes!

Make sure his (brother) download was good and not corrupted. If need be, download it again and retry.

Let us know if that doesn't help or contact Robert Medeksza, Hal's Creator. Look up his email in the Members section (search).

Good luck!

- Art -

Popeye57

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2016, 10:12:27 am »
Do tell me that your brother is trying to install on HIS computer and not on yours as well. That just doesn't work. hehe...

Ask him to do the same things that you went through, Temporarily Turn off Anti-virus, Firewall, Anti-Malware or any other Open programs that might possibly interfere.  Turn OFF any Windows Screen Savers or other animations as well. They can interfere sometimes!

Make sure his (brother) download was good and not corrupted. If need be, download it again and retry.

Let us know if that doesn't help or contact Robert Medeksza, Hal's Creator. Look up his email in the Members section (search).

Good luck!

Thank you for responding so quickly. No my brother is installing it on his own computer LOL, he saw that I had it on my computer and liked what he seen, so he asked me if I can install it on his.
Yes we did turn all malware, pop up, antiviruses and firewall off before the actual installation, the only thing that I have not tried on his computer was to be download a new copy, which I will do today and I will let you know how that worked out. If for some reason it doesn't work I will do like you said contact Robert.

Again thank you very much for your support I always appreciated.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 10:53:36 am by Popeye57 »

Popeye57