Author Topic: Don't say that again  (Read 8994 times)

Davy

• View Profile
Don't say that again
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2010, 05:12:59 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by jasondude7116

the lines that you don't want repeated could be put into the database or external file.
if there was a line that you wanted hal to start saying again then the database or file could be searched for the line and the line removed.
this could be done by a command like "don't ignore" "whatever sentence", or it could also open up notepad and let you edit it(if you were using a text file)
the advantage of the database, is that it is much faster, and it's a database (not linear)

Ok, after putting lines i don't want repeated in to a database or external, how will Hal know not to repeat these lines?

Baerdric

• Looking at things and pondering about stuff
    • View Profile
Don't say that again
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2010, 10:30:21 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Davy

Ok, after putting lines i don't want repeated in to a database or external, how will Hal know not to repeat these lines?

[/quote]
Well, of course it won't know, but the script would have to find out each and every time. When the program picks a phrase or sentence to send to the text-to-speech function, your script would check to see if that sentence in on the list. If it is, the plugin would send it back to the random selection function so that it can try again.

You can see similar functions in the main script which are used to send back sentences which fail some test.
Don't blame me, I'm just the voice in his head.

Davy

• View Profile
Don't say that again
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2010, 12:08:12 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Baerdric

quote:
Originally posted by Davy

Well, of course it won't know, but the script would have to find out each and every time. When the program picks a phrase or sentence to send to the text-to-speech function, your script would check to see if that sentence in on the list. If it is, the plugin would send it back to the random selection function so that it can try again.

You can see similar functions in the main script which are used to send back sentences which fail some test.
[/quote]

Ok, thanks, but i know almost nothing about writing scripts for Hal. [:I]