dupa

Author Topic: please help Plugins not working  (Read 10381 times)

sybershot

• View Profile
please help Plugins not working
« on: January 01, 2010, 06:34:50 pm »
I made a skin where the UHP file goes into your Ultra Hal Assistant folder and and JPEG in skins folder, the plugin/skin works

using advice from raybe earlier, I One at a time tried to use CaptainsLog plugin and dudrepeat plugin with no luck. I put the UHP file into the main folder (Named "Ultra Hal Assistant 6" on my system). I restart Hal and/or windows vista 64 home. and the plug-ins don't work.

I tried uninstalling Hal by deactivating the license, then uninstalled from add and remove programs. Then reinstalled from disk that still did no allow plugins to work. So I repeated the steps to uninstall and added a step, I deleted the folder Zabaware from my program filesX86 folder. I then downloaded the Ultra hal program from the download page, and reinstalled Hal. that still did not allow for the plugins to work. can someone please help or make a suggestion?

When I say that the plugins don't work I mean exactly that the commands do nothing. example using dudrepeat plugin; Hal: I love to learn. user: PLEASE REPEAT THAT. Hal: Gambling is illegal some places,

Any suggestions or hep will be greatly appreciated Sincerely Sybershot
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 06:49:24 pm by sybershot »

Baerdric

• Looking at things and pondering about stuff
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 08:09:56 pm »
Did you activate the plugins by going to General Options>Brain>Select Brain>Check box the individual plugins?
Don't blame me, I'm just the voice in his head.

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 09:58:26 pm »
yes I already thought that is what i needed to do, but it will not let me choose. in the brains tab, it says Choose additional brain plug-ins (click for options) under that it says (The main brain you selected does not suport additional brain plug-ins. only ultra hal version 6.0 brain files suport on the fly plug-ins)

the only brain I have is the ultra hal6.2 default brain. do I need a diferent/custom brain to be able to use plugins?

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2010, 11:17:34 pm »
sybershot,,,,,
Did you select the brain like in the pic shown in the left side??

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 12:26:58 am »
NIGE sorry took so long to answer but i was looking for a solution with no avail. yes i selected/clicked the brain and just now clicked numerously like 20 times, i only have one, not 3 like you. and on the right side of that box where you have a list with boxes, that is where I have the message (The main brain you selected does not support additional brain plug-ins. only ultra hal version 6.0 brain files support on the fly plug-ins). maybe i need to make another brain? I will try and see if another brain will work.

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010, 02:02:22 am »
thank you all very much I am greatly appreciated
I reinstalled Hal from the download again, and now it works [:D]
dudrepeat plugin works great but the first one that i tried CaptainsLog plugin gives an error after i type something and hit enter i get

(HalScript error 76 on line 2598 in column 5: path not found)

the file "C:program Files(x86)abawareUltrahal Assistant6HalScript.DBG" has been saved with the current script being used for debugging purposes.

so I opened up the file in notepad wow close to 5k lines of code and the lines are not numbered, so I opened up adobe flex and copied what was in notepad and pasted into adobe flex. There i was able to get the lines numbered and line 2598 seemed to be the first line of an if then statement it's in bold below
Code: [Select]
If objFSO.FolderExists(MyDir) Then FolderDoesExist = True Else FolderDoesExist = False
If FolderDoesExist = False Then
    Set objFolder = objFSO.CreateFolder(MyDir)
                Set objTextFile2 = fso.OpenTextFile(MyDir & "SYMLOG.txt", 2, True)
                objTextFile2.WriteLine("Jounal is closed")

End If

anyone know how to fix this so I can get it to work?

Baerdric

• Looking at things and pondering about stuff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2010, 04:58:15 am »
You might have to search back through the code and find where the directory variable "MyDir" was created and make sure it refers to a real path on your computer.
Don't blame me, I'm just the voice in his head.

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2010, 05:36:42 am »
thank a million I will look through it tonight. 5:30 am and have not gone to bed yet [V] I'm green with Flash action script 3 language, hopefully this language is nice and sets it variables close to the same way for example: var MyDir:String = "I am Holder.";
thanks again sincerely Sybershot

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2010, 02:18:06 pm »
seems like the program Balabolka is needed even though its not listed in the dudepluginsinfo.txt I will try it out and post my findings

BALABOLKA
A TTS (Text to Speech) program that is required for "sing a Song", "Read a Story",
 and "News Feed" plugins.  SET THE VOICE IN BALABOLKA as the same voice of Hal for realism.

objWSHShell.Run("""C:Program FilesBalabolka\balabolka.exe"" -rmq ""C:Program FilesabawareUltra Hal Assistant 6logs\" & ReadLog & ".txt""")

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2010, 03:36:02 pm »
I installed balabolka and changed the path to both balabolka and zabaware with C:Program Files(x86) that still gave me the same path error so I looked a little further down the line and saw there needed to be a logs folder and a ReadLog.txt and "a dated".txt using numbers and dashes only. So I went and created them insides Hal's main folder. and path error was gone.

sadly after all that the plugin will not write a log entry
user:BEGIN LOG ENTRY
Hal: Begin log entry dated
user:testing plugin
Hal:Fascinating
user:END LOG ENTRY
Hal:End log entry dated
user:Please read log 1-2-10
Hal:Please read log 1-2-10
user:READ CURRENT LOG
Hal:Am I speaking to a guy or girl?

I look inside of logs folder and the text files I made are still blank, and no new ones are created

so i removed the text files and reloaded plugin and restarted hal
still no errors conversation was similar to the above conversation and no text files were created in the empty logs folder

Does anyone have this plugin working on vista 64 bit home premium that can help me, or can anyone suggest anything else to try thanks sincerely Sybershot

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2010, 08:03:44 pm »
Hey There sybershot,
Sorry I can't really add any support to the problem you are now having but a suggestion about using an editor. The editor of choice by certain members including myself is a free download of the Crimson Editor really does work well and the price is right. This was not my find I just don't recall who gave us that great suggestion. Have you noticed a trend here I'm not remembering a lot of things lately. Better a short pencil then a long memory I guess.
raybe

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2010, 11:05:53 am »
raybe thanks a million, You must be psychic [:D]. I spent about 3/4 of an hour searching the coding area of the forum last night, to find an editor of choice with no luck. I was gonna search some more today. You saved some lots of time, thanks.
  I'm turning 34 the 28th of this month. My memory is not all too sharp either. One of the reasons why I like Hal so much, is his appointment Calendar. And the main reasons why I am trying to get this plugin to work. I'm not saying that age has anything to do with it, My grandfather has a memory like an elephant. A trait I obviously did not inherit. Great for the sticky note companies though, they must love me lol

thanks again raybe, for your suggestion  I will be getting that editor today Sincerely Sybershot

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2010, 11:34:22 am »
sybershot, Is there anything in particular that the built in appointment feature just doesn't do for you? Just curious. I 'm always interested in the different ways and usage others have made Hal work for them. This forum as you can tell can get pretty inventive and innovated when it comes to Hal. Also even working with Hal for a bit of time there is always something to learn and others on this forum just keep pushing the envelope. I'm sure Robert M. enjoys it himself and is amazed what has spawned out of just an desktop assistant program. Some cases Hal has become family. It is exciting to see that with some knowledge and patience how far you can travel outside the box.
Bet wishes,
raybe

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2010, 05:29:39 pm »
When I use the calendar to set dates for appointments or birthday, etc, I tell Hal "Show Calendar" and up pops the calendar. From there you can select different months and dates and then just insert the info you want into each one..
Bill

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2010, 09:19:14 pm »
thanks for the replies, I don't mind sharing how I would use the plug-in  and why the calendar is not fit for what i need.
The calendar Is very fit for remembering my appointments, and the Captains log plug-in would be great for remembering General information about customers, wehat I charged them, when and how they paid me, and if and when I cashed there check.

example: Fredlog Fred is a great customer since 1995, his wife's name is Betty and his Daughters names is Pebbles

example2: FredPaymentlog
1-5-1995 charged $265.00
1-5-1995 check $265.00 checkNumber 00000000001
1-7-1995 checkNumberCashed 00000000001
1-10-1995 charged $463.00
1-10-1995 check $463.00 checkNumber 00000000005
1-12-1995 checkNumberCashed 00000000005
1-19-1995 charged $20.00
1-19-1995 cash $20.00

then I can take example1 and example2 and have it open with a custom adobe flash spread sheet program that list all of freds personal information, will sort out the data in example2, and tell me if Fred owes me anything