dupa

Author Topic: Tagging input  (Read 3665 times)

bucklittle

• View Profile
Tagging input
« on: November 21, 2010, 11:56:05 pm »
I'm new (at this, otherwise not).  I would appreciate anyone's time if you'd tell me if this is already covered somewhere or, if not, maybe give me a clue as to how I might approach it, or, point me to a better place to post this.

I would like a way to 1) create a tag for comments (presumably that means creating a table named like the tag), 2) put data in a tag table when and only when it is tagged (something like tag: "hacking hal" Blah, blah) and, finally 3) retrieve the data by referring to the tag (Hal, please find the data in tag: "hacking hal" that contains the string "blah." Or, Hal please tell me the first 5 words of each data item in tag: "hacking hal").

I know there is a plethora of tools for inputing data in tables and retrieving it all of which are probably better at this one specific task than Ultra Hal Assistant would be.  But, it would be a nice addition which would, for instance, facilitate note taking, idea brainstorming or research gathering.

Anyway, just thought I'd like to try to do it.

Thanks,
Buck

Baerdric

• Looking at things and pondering about stuff
    • View Profile
Re: Tagging input
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 08:23:23 am »
I had made a script once called remember this or something, that you prefaced every thing with the phrase, "please remember" and then you could say a sentence that Hal would remember and call back when you said "Please remind me". Hmmm... I also made one that was a note taker for things like, "make a note about 'John' that says "call him later". It might have been called "remember one thing."

I think you can find them on here, unfortunately I no longer have copies of those.
Don't blame me, I'm just the voice in his head.