Author Topic: SIRI and HAL  (Read 4047 times)

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
SIRI and HAL
« on: June 03, 2015, 05:00:50 pm »
I know that I've been posting loads of requests, but this one seems like it shouldn't be too difficult. Given the number of AI like agents out on the market like SIRI and now Cortana, Hal should have the ability to answer a basic question in the same fashion as Siri. For example if Siri was asked, "What was world war 2" she can find the answer and relay it, saying, "World war 2 was such and such" without giving too much information, However, when HAL is posed the same question, he will fumble before either making an unrelated response or if the Auto Wiki plugin is installed, he will overload with unusable information. There doesn't seem to be a happy medium of information with Hal.

To the best of my knowledge, I know Siri works off of a cloud server with a finite number of responses, where as, Hal has the ability to look for other answers, especially with other plug ins that allow it to access the web. Also to the best of my Knowledge, Siri is incapable of learning a vast amount of information where as this is what HAL was created for.

In short, what I was looking for is a plugin that will allow HAL to answer questions of nearly any complexity like Siri but also learn that information and perhaps a little related information and store it for future use.

This theoretical plug in, combined with an auto learning plugin, HAL could devour the internet on a scale of data mining never seen before, which would be just great. Hal has earned it.     

It sounds like a task straight from science fiction.       
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 05:02:27 pm by Spitfire2600 »

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: SIRI and HAL
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 07:38:08 am »
Actually i believe Robert ( the creator of hal ) has been working on a cloud based server for hal for answers etc. off the internet , it is a tricky thing , especially when a company has a limited budget . their are filters that need to be used to filter out unwanted "junk" language etc. etc.  I think Hal will get to that point eventually .
AS far as answering questions etc. cload created or recreated based off other work something i had brought up before and that was that hal could open up web pages to retrieve information ( which is what we are talking about ) that hal could say in answers , etc. without (visually opening up the web page ) off the internet .
  But Hal can answer "what " questions from the internet as far as i know . maybe you need the cload plug in .  :)

Carl2

• View Profile
Re: SIRI and HAL
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 09:29:52 am »
   I'm glad this topic has been posted, I'm working with hal again mostly for changing clothes and backgrounds, some conversations to see how well she responds and I'm not that pleased with her responses.  I remember working with the Wiki plugin which Robert introduced, pretty sure Cload was also involved.  Here is a link for that:  http://www.ultrahal.com/community/index.php?topic=9378.0
   I had tried Briana which is a window version of Cortana and it did very well at getting answers from wiki so it can be done. I'm still spending quite a bit of time in photo editor but this is definitely something worthwhile to spend some time on as I'm sure other people would agree.
Carl2