Author Topic: Speeding up Hal's Auto response  (Read 4429 times)

knight2000

• View Profile
Speeding up Hal's Auto response
« on: April 07, 2017, 06:05:38 pm »
Hi guys, about 3 years back I asked if there was a way to reduce the 5 sec delay in Hal's response when using a microphone. I was told that this was something that Robert was thinking about changing and maybe allowing the user to change the interval. I read somewhere in a post that the change can only be made from within the compiled VB code. Has there been any progress on this yet? Is Robert still working on this project? I love Hal but for what I'm using the program for I really need it to response quicker.

Thanks!

Carl2

• View Profile
Re: Speeding up Hal's Auto response
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2017, 12:43:12 pm »
  I've used Dragon with Hal and I don't use Hals setup box for the mic input, I dictate and check the input in Hals
Box  then hit enter. 
Carl2

knight2000

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 03:34:34 pm »
Im using Dragon as well, but i'm not near the computer or a keyboard so hitting enter would not work. I've used other software like Braina and verbot and they respond right after I finish my sentence however their knowledge and a.i. is not on par with Hal. I can have much better conversations with Hal.

Arkright

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 11:03:43 am »
if using dragon say "press enter" to pres enter away from the mouse or keyboard. that is  what i like to do sum times.
^,=,^

knight2000

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2017, 11:05:42 am »
Arkright, That wont work because it needs to sound like a real conversion. I basically need it to respond as soon as I'm done talking. I built a Watson like application that I demo and people say that it sounds good except that he take too long to respond to you.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2017, 08:46:50 pm »
knight2000 , i had also mentioned this in the past and thought it would be good if a person could set a place a number 5 down to one so they could set it to their personal preference . but maybe the 5 seconds is also the time it takes to go through the system for the answer.

knight2000

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2017, 12:59:57 pm »
lightspeed, I dont think thats the case, I believe the 5 second delay is to make sure the user has finished speaking. if you type your question to hal and hit enter, hal replys immediately.