dupa

Author Topic: "tell me about " plug in idea  (Read 3171 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
"tell me about " plug in idea
« on: July 27, 2017, 07:55:19 pm »
another lightspeed idea , using a plug in called " tell me about" what this plug in would do is when hal says something back in a general or random conversation, example hal says : corvairs were made from 1960 to 1969 .  the user if interested in more info , could use the trigger words " tell me about " corvairs ( or tell me more about , or what else do you know about " ) then say the subject , hal would then search his data base on the subject word and any information he has learned on corvairs (or whatever) .

If hal doesn't have that subject in his data base to tell you information , hal can say that's something LIKE ,  i really don't know about that, do you know any more on the subject ?
     if the user does he can say the information , hal would learn for later use with the plug in. if not the user doesn't have to say anything.

Arkright

• View Profile
Re: "tell me about " plug in idea
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 09:57:38 pm »
i vaguely remember a plug in that was made a long time ago to ask hal if it knows something. what do you know plugin.
if there is a plugin like mentioned maybe it can be improved or updated.
^,=,^

kryton

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 08:37:50 am »
I wrote something like this for my Hal a few years ago. Basis is that the word after "tell me about" is used in a mainQA search using a SQL program. Will look it up and try to post it.

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 12:59:59 pm »
another lightspeed idea , using a plug in called " tell me about" what this plug in would do is when hal says something back in a general or random conversation, example hal says : corvairs were made from 1960 to 1969 .  the user if interested in more info , could use the trigger words " tell me about " corvairs ( or tell me more about , or what else do you know about " ) then say the subject , hal would then search his data base on the subject word and any information he has learned on corvairs (or whatever) .

If hal doesn't have that subject in his data base to tell you information , hal can say that's something LIKE ,  i really don't know about that, do you know any more on the subject ?
     if the user does he can say the information , hal would learn for later use with the plug in. if not the user doesn't have to say anything.

true statement turing plug-in can do that, just have to add the trigger "Tell me about" corvairs. after learning about corvairs that is. from the routine.
Corvairs are pretty nice vehicles. <-- True statement learned. blah blah blah.

Jerry 8)