dupa

Author Topic: can anyone make a uhp plug in that will read off each response one after another  (Read 3199 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
      i am making a test sentence plug in that will test written lines , what i need is for someone to rewrite the code to make this one sentence reader into a plug in that will read off 10 sentences , one after another . (not randomly . )
the reason why is this will help anyone who is making larger responses (written lines in a plug in and be able to test them (multiple lines )easier and faster . 
       what the lines are used for is after wards (after lines give no error ) they can be added in a larger random response plug in .
anyway here is a random one line only read only true plug in as an example  .

Rem Type=Plugin
Rem Name=TEST SENTENCE LINE ls2017
Rem Author=lightspeed
Rem Host=Assistant

'This sub setups the plug-ins option panel in Hal's options dialog
Sub OptionsPanel()
lblPlugin(0).Caption = "When the words >TEST< or > any other varience of>test< is mentioned the character will say back a conversation response to the user.created  8-10-2017."
lblPlugin(0).Move 120, 10, 3300, 1000
lblPlugin(0).WordWrap = True
lblPlugin(0).Visible = True
End Sub

'*******************************************

Rem PLUGIN: PLUGINAREA7
File = ""
File2 = ""
File3 = ""
File4 = ""

If InStr(1, OriginalSentence, "TEST") > 0 Or _
InStr(1, OriginalSentence,"test") > 0 Then

Randomize
Select Case int(rnd()*1)
Case 1
GetResponse = " "

End Select
HalBrain.ReadOnlyMode = True
End If

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SO can anyone do this for me ?  :)

Babongza

• View Profile
I know I'm not very smart. So come to ask for knowledge from all of you.

onthecuttingedge2005

I know I'm not very smart. So come to ask for knowledge from all of you.

Hi Babongza.

learning HAL is like learning an extra language to speak and write. it's not difficult and there are many who know a lot about it and can help you when you need it.

onthecuttingedge2005

i am making a test sentence plug in that will test written lines , what i need is for someone to rewrite the code to make this one sentence reader into a plug in that will read off 10 sentences , one after another . (not randomly . )
the reason why is this will help anyone who is making larger responses (written lines in a plug in and be able to test them (multiple lines )easier and faster . 
       what the lines are used for is after wards (after lines give no error ) they can be added in a larger random response plug in .
anyway here is a random one line only read only true plug in as an example  .

Rem Type=Plugin
Rem Name=TEST SENTENCE LINE ls2017
Rem Author=lightspeed
Rem Host=Assistant

'This sub setups the plug-ins option panel in Hal's options dialog
Sub OptionsPanel()
lblPlugin(0).Caption = "When the words >TEST< or > any other varience of>test< is mentioned the character will say back a conversation response to the user.created  8-10-2017."
lblPlugin(0).Move 120, 10, 3300, 1000
lblPlugin(0).WordWrap = True
lblPlugin(0).Visible = True
End Sub

'*******************************************

Rem PLUGIN: PLUGINAREA7
File = ""
File2 = ""
File3 = ""
File4 = ""

Randomize
Select Case int(rnd()*1)
Case 1
GetResponse = " "

End Select
End If

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SO can anyone do this for me ?  :)

Hi Lightspeed.

sounds like you want a time based repeater?
don't really have time to look at it now because I got to get a vehicle fixed and I got to head for the city for awhile.
sounds like an array code could do as you asked but I think it's already been done before.

File_00 = "<" & Time & ">" & SomeText &  "</" & Time & ">"

Working with Tags are fun and Useful and make things so much easier.

And in this case:
'I would rather use HAL as a command point like this:

If ComputerName <> "" Then'<-- added.

Randomize
Select Case int(rnd()*1)
Case 1
GetResponse = " "

End Select
End If
End If

I'll come back to this later when I am not so busy.
It's not that complicated, till you start building it, lol

Jerry 8)

lightspeed

• View Profile
sorry never got back to this before now , to clarify , i don't want a random sentence reader but rather a plug in that will read each sentence one after another , example will when test is used as a trigger word read line one sentence , then line two then line three and so on  up to 10 sentences.
 what this is for and will do , is allow me to check ten lines at a time , if hal gets to a line that is in error it would give an error reading and i would know which sentence was bad.

"OR" would this not work this way , and only give an error when the plug in is first opened up , instead of just when it gets specifically to the line. any line.