Author Topic: How to manage Hal's database?  (Read 13576 times)

knight2000

• View Profile
Re: How to manage Hal's database?
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2017, 10:12:34 am »
@OnTheCuttingEdge Dragon is the problem as you stated earlier, I switched to the default Microsoft speech engine and I did not get that error. Dam, its a fresh install of dragon but who knows what versions are compatible or on. Any ways, your Plugin works great, hopefully I can get the Microsoft engine to work as good as dragon :/

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2017, 10:22:34 am »
@OnTheCuttingEdge Dragon is the problem as you stated earlier, I switched to the default Microsoft speech engine and I did not get that error. Dam, its a fresh install of dragon but who knows what versions are compatible or on. Any ways, your Plugin works great, hopefully I can get the Microsoft engine to work as good as dragon :/

Hi knight.

Enjoy the plugin. I guess I can stop pulling my hair out now, lol
I'll clean up the other mess I made later on today. the last plug I made should be the best.
If you don't want hal to be window persistent then add the Exit Function to the ShowHal function like the mic has.

Jerry 8)

knight2000

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2017, 12:26:47 pm »
@OnTheCuttingEdge will do! thanks again. Sorry I probably should have switched the speech engines earlier :(

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2017, 12:00:22 am »
Hi Knight.

If you have anymore house control codes please share and I will see if I can shorten it up for you into a tighter package.

Jerry 8)

knight2000

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2017, 03:53:01 pm »
@OnTheCuttingEdge Thanks! I basically used your sample as a template for the other house commands. Seems to work great!

One thing i have been trying to change is the 5 second delay for Hal's auto response. Example, when using speech recognition, after I say something to Hal he shows a countdown from 5 seconds which I assume is to make sure the user is finished speaking. I hate the delay and would like to shorten the delay to 1 second or no delay but it looks like that code is buried inside Hal's source code. Would you know where that code is located?

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2017, 05:16:18 pm »
night2000 , this has been discussed in the past about the timed count down i even had suggested to Robert or anyone that their be a option to set the time count down  so users could set it their selves to what they wanted..
  having said that sometimes believe it or not the timer can be handy as even when using dragon speak etc. if you say a word and it is put down by dragon speak but the word isn't recognized right , you can say scratch that and dragon speak will back the word up , erasing it.  this prevents hal from learning something wrong.
i am unsure of how ms vr does that part .

I would like to see though the option i had first mentioned that gives the user  the ability to set the timer .  :)

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2017, 07:36:49 pm »
@OnTheCuttingEdge Thanks! I basically used your sample as a template for the other house commands. Seems to work great!

One thing i have been trying to change is the 5 second delay for Hal's auto response. Example, when using speech recognition, after I say something to Hal he shows a countdown from 5 seconds which I assume is to make sure the user is finished speaking. I hate the delay and would like to shorten the delay to 1 second or no delay but it looks like that code is buried inside Hal's source code. Would you know where that code is located?

Hi knight.

Honestly I don't know much about the function for the 5 second speech delay, I don't know how to control it but I do know a wscript send key can reset its timer but it sounds like a big mess to clean up. I'll look into it deeper at some point, cyberjedi might have some insight to  it than I..

knight2000

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2017, 11:27:53 am »
Awesome! Thank you.