dupa

Author Topic: Why aren't there more and newer videos on youtube?  (Read 3730 times)

oldfarmhand

• View Profile
Why aren't there more and newer videos on youtube?
« on: September 01, 2017, 05:11:37 pm »
 Hello All
Yes Im a noob but i'm curious about why there aren't more, and newer videos  about setting up ultra hal and how everything works to make a personal bot. I have tried to read the forum and click on sites that it directs you to but the  (for the most part ) the sites are dead. There is no distinct structure as to what is need to make a good bot. I would like to participate with ultra hal and don't mind the investment. but i'm afraid that if I paid for everything that there is not support to make it work. If there were instructional videos and step by step instructions on ultra hal less dumb questions like I ask and more people would be more inclined to invest in the project. On the forum (and i'm not saying its not there) it never mentions what is the minimum pc you need how much, ram how much storage, what the minimum processor speed you need. I've even seen a article from cyberjedi about putting in on a raspberry pi but not all of the steps you need to take. Im sorry if I have offended someone thats not my intentions. Im just interested in the project but I don't know if i'm capable of working everything out on my own. If there were more information available to the public more people would be willing to invest thus more revenue would be generated to further your endeavors. And again Im sorry if I angered anyone because there are so many smart people here but it is a little hard to get information when your new.
Thanks
oldfarmhand
oldfarmhand

onthecuttingedge2005

Re: Why aren't there more and newer videos on youtube?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 07:48:10 pm »
Hi oldfarmhand.

I agree with you about HAL not having an owners manual but there is Vb-Script in a nutshell I think, try to google it or search the forum, the over all general manual for HAL was supposed to be written but I think something went south on that, anyways, the over all general HAL manual would be a very large volume, something like this requires money to hire someone with the patients and know how of HAL's inner and outer workings.

It would probably be around 2000 dollars to hire someone under contract.

oldfarmhand

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 08:15:20 pm »
 I agree with what you say but to get more people interested and get hal more popular and bring in more revenue it would be good to have some of your smart followers do some 10 minute videos on there take on setting up hal for beginners. After reading some of their post, this is a smart group and to bring more people into the program it just needs to be a little bit easier to understand  what you need to get started.Im not trying to tell you what to do I know (it sure sounds like it) but us noobs need a little more help.

oldfarmhand

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2017, 12:31:14 am »
I agree with what you say but to get more people interested and get hal more popular and bring in more revenue it would be good to have some of your smart followers do some 10 minute videos on there take on setting up hal for beginners. After reading some of their post, this is a smart group and to bring more people into the program it just needs to be a little bit easier to understand  what you need to get started.Im not trying to tell you what to do I know (it sure sounds like it) but us noobs need a little more help.

Hi OldFarmHand.

Is there something special you want HAL to do? or is it for conversational purposes, some commercial some residential coding perhaps?

Jerry 8)

oldfarmhand

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2017, 03:20:00 am »
 I have an inmoov robot from Gael Langevin    http://inmoov.fr/build-yours/   that I 3d printed that I call Kim. I want to carry her to schools for young adults to view and I thought that what would be better than students to ask her questions about 3d printing and A.I. and she would give accurate responses. This I feel would build excitement in schools to create a curriculum to teach more about these subjects. I believe that if you can get young adults excited about these items  It would set a path for them for the future that would accelerate both 3d printing  A.I. and  electronics in general. I see it's all about the future. That's why when I came across the post from cyberjedi about putting hal on a raspberrypi I got excited because kim has a raspberry pi fitted in her back and she has a microphone and speakers as well as cameras in her eyes so she has all the hardware needed but not the program, and to be honest i'm not sure how to add the program to the pi.
 The picture is kim and the head is joseph he's a little bit further along in the build process now https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHCzOZXCzgs

oldfarmhand
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 04:32:33 am by oldfarmhand »
oldfarmhand

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2017, 03:28:45 pm »
does the robot have have a manual on software control of its moving parts? If so, I may be able to help you with that.
what kind of control boards you using? are they compatible with mini mother boards or Arduino kits and does it have USB porting available?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 04:31:57 pm by OnTheCuttingEdge »

oldfarmhand

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2017, 05:56:02 pm »
 It uses My Robot LAB  http://myrobotlab.org/ for all of the movement that part works great. It has a pc ,2 arduino megas  and an uno,(the pc is what I want to remove) and use the raspberry pi. I just can't seem to get the hang of how to install a chat bot like ultra hal onto the pi and make it work. If I were to carry it to schools I would add a 32 channel pololu maestro for the servos to run routines for the gestures.  Im not good on programming but I can build.
 All of the instructions are on Inmoov website  http://inmoov.fr/          open source
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 06:01:00 pm by oldfarmhand »
oldfarmhand