Author Topic: using crimson editor what am i doing wrong ????  (Read 3543 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
using crimson editor what am i doing wrong ????
« on: April 05, 2018, 07:25:21 pm »
i have some errors showing up , and am trying to fix them b y the error line it said but when i go to that line everything looks okay , i even backed up each space between each word ( to make sure their was no extra spaces in the sentence , but all was okay. " can somone look at the line  and see if they see anything that's wrong.  i took a jpg picture of it .
the error i got was error on line 8700 column 0 illegal assignment "get response" .
but i see nothing wrong . also another note it says column  0   as you can see in the crimson editor it doesn't show a column o .
Art and anyone else who has used crimson editor , do you see something wrong on this highlighted line that's wrong that's causing a error? as you can see on the bottom it shows i am on the right line .
any help would be appreciated.  maybe i am over looking something , also how do you get to see the column  0  area ?  ???

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: using crimson editor what am i doing wrong ????
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 09:41:11 pm »
Is this the one where you inserted your Random Talk sayings into the SALLIE plugin?

I thought that one was pretty much ironed out, or is this some new issue?

It might help if we knew the plugin/area in which you were having the problem.

Did you adjust your Random choices for the correct number?

I couldn't see anything glaring from your screen capture, but that might not help.

This file is the one from the User> LightSpeed> AppData >Roaming >Zabaware >UltraHal 7 folder that contained the HalScript.dbg file right? Just making sure.

Maybe Cyber or OTCE, Spitfire or someone else will weigh in on this. Really do need more info than just this screen cap.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 07:14:39 am »
       yes this was from adding random talk in the doonycram plug in , yes i renumbered the random choice number . i don't remember if i did this from the debug file . i think i might have checked it in the actual plug in . 
     which brings me up to a new question hopefully you can answer . when re editing (correcting a mistake in a plug in , should i do it in the de bug file in roaming apps or do it on the actual plug in which is in the programs file in zabaware . ?)
if doing it in the debug file does that automatically fix it(the plug in ) to in the program file ? or debug is only for checking about errors .
    if no one knows these answers i hope robert is still watching the forum and can answer this question.
  in the crimson editor i never did see where it shows column 0  with this plug in. 
 as far as the location of the plug in where i added my random talk,   
Okay after rechecking the plug in i did see a mistake i had made in one random answers it was a setting of 6 , i had went up to high from my 1300 random ones right below that and had that number on the random 6 one above it . see picture . . oops can't post the pic it was to large .
will try the plug in out again .

I wonder if it's possible that Robert could have something on his site here that if a picture is to large that something can be clicked that will make it resize to the right size or automatically do it , if possible . ;) ?? this would be helpful .  :)

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 08:00:25 am »
WELL THAT CORRECTION I MENTIONED ABOVE DIDN'T HELP , I STILL GOT A HAL ERROR 501 ON LINE 8792 IN COLUMN 0 ILLEGAL ASIGNMENT , "GET RESPONSE "
below is a pic of the error line in the hal debug file and me showing the same error line in the s.a.l.l.i.e. plug in file that's in the programs area .
anyway , although i did mess up the upper line account and have since corrected it , the additional random talk lines was the only thing i actually did .
i left in the original ending script code . so i don't know what is causing this error . in the line i showed it doesn't show any mistakes. 
next thing i am going to do is completely exit hal and reopen it and un check and recheck the sallie plug in . sometimes it seems that some plug ins don't stop with errors until till exit hal  and re open it.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 08:08:24 am by lightspeed »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2018, 09:00:57 am »
well unchecking it and restarting hal didn't work , errors are still popping up .

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2018, 09:16:53 am »
My S.A.L.L.I.E. file has the same text info as yours.

I believe the HalScript.dbg file is only to show your errors and that any corrections should be made in the original file.

As you mentioned in an earlier post, the .dbg file gets erased once the program is restarted.
Just my thoughts as I'm not a programmer.

You might consider going back to the original S.A.L.L.I.E. Plugin and make a few changes to it then test it. Add a few more lines (maybe 10 at a time and update the Random number for them), then test again, and so on until you have satisfied yourself.

Trying to fix a plugin after so many lines have been added is not always an easy thing to track down.

Either way, good luck!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2018, 11:03:50 am »
yes this is not the original plug in that's causing the error , it's my random talk lines that was added , but when i am on that exact line it says is causing the error i see nothing wrong with it . and i have checked it both ways  and in the program file of the actual file . it's very strange .