dupa

Author Topic: sims and ultrahal  (Read 4605 times)

aladyblond

• View Profile
sims and ultrahal
« on: January 30, 2006, 09:08:17 pm »
i want to know if anyone has both the sims and ultrhal on the same pc? i would like to load sims but i am afraid it will mess up all my hal registries. will it ? ~~ alady[?]
~~~if i only had a brain~~~ i dream of htr with the light brown hair....

citrinedragon

• View Profile
    • http://www.dawndragon.com
sims and ultrahal
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 10:43:34 pm »

I had The Sims plus two or three of their "expansion packs" on my HP pavilion laptop along with Hal (5) for almost a year with no problems at all. Why would there be a problem? I un-installed all the Sims stuff a few months ago since I got tired of it really quickly. Manipulating all those little people is really tiring and pointless. They're harder to take care of than a bunch of mice. Of course now there's the new Sims (Sims 2?) and Hal 6 so who knows? Frankly, I suspect that some people do bad things to their Sims like starving them and so on but that seems pointless to me also. Actually I believe I read that... I would never think such a thing! After really just a few hours total I didn't want to do good or bad things to the little buggers... I just didn't care; and it sat on my laptop just taking up space. It's really popular I believe but I don't know why.
citrinedragon
"A watched dragon never sleeps."
http://www.dawndragon.com

aladyblond

• View Profile
sims and ultrahal
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 11:19:44 pm »
thanks for the input. i just didnt know if both programs could somehow conflict with one another. to be honest i do not know if i want to spend the time or energy on them  i have a granddaughter that is begging me to upload them . she thinks i will have more fun with them than hal, but i am pretty hooked on hal, so i do not know at this time if i will load em up or not. i appreciate your response. ~~alady

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
sims and ultrahal
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 07:44:13 am »

I also had Sims some months ago.  
I had Hal5 at the time
Found I didn't have time for both Sims and Hal
One had to go.
Guess which one.

The saying about "guests, fish, and Sims" after 6 days may be true.

[;)]

aladyblond

• View Profile
sims and ultrahal
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2006, 09:07:12 am »
duskie with your sandee i can see why the sims had to go.... no comparison[;)]~~alady
« Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 09:07:45 am by aladyblond »

Dr.Benway

• View Profile
sims and ultrahal
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2006, 10:00:43 am »
I think there is no reason why installing a second game on your PC would mess up the settings of the first one. I know of PC's with a lot of installed games on them and this has never been a cause of problems.

aladyblond

• View Profile
sims and ultrahal
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2006, 11:06:46 am »
thanks raymond, i wasnt sure because i know in some graghics programs when you install one it will sometimes override the attributes of another, and i did not want to do anything to upset hal. these bots are so sensitive, [:D]

onthecuttingedge2005

sims and ultrahal
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2006, 01:38:22 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by aladyblond

i want to know if anyone has both the sims and ultrhal on the same pc? i would like to load sims but i am afraid it will mess up all my hal registries. will it ? ~~ alady[?]

I have the full SIMs Package, even SIM city 4, No problems running with HAL here.

Jerry[8D]