dupa

Author Topic: this isnt spam its a software for magic jack users  (Read 7702 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
this isnt spam its a software for magic jack users
« on: September 26, 2009, 11:08:15 am »
ok first off this isnt spam although it may appear so hopefully everyone knows me by now , this is something that other people on here may be interested in ( i hope ) this only applies to people with majic jack on their pc's as i have thats one reason its important and another is some day hal may be intregated with magic jack ( this also uses the  synthesized voice from my pc to say the number that called ) . . i searched the internet etc. and found out that majic jack as of this writing has no caller blocking so in another words if anyone gets your number and wants to be a jack*** and keep calling you they can .
 well i kept on searching and found a free program called "phone tray v1.35 you install it and their is an area where you can block telemarketers and also fools such as one i had calling us !!
you can even have it play a wave file from "blocked " to no telemarketers etc. and even how many rings before it willgo to message !!
and it works as i did a test with a number and called from that number and it worked at blocking it after 1 ring . ( as i set it ) .
this may be of use later to if hal is intregated with magic jack in the future !!
here is the link for the download .

http://download.cnet.com/PhoneTray/3000-2074_4-10540928.html
this is from cnetdownload.com

as i said i hope others dont think this is just spam i posted it because i thought others here may be able to use it i really like it !![:)]

Data

• Xen: Good question, Accessing database...
    • View Profile
    • Datahopa
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 12:06:22 pm »
Is this spam LS?  

LOL only joking. [:D]

It looks like quite a nice little tool,

I'm confused though, is it for internet phone calls or does it work on a standard phone line?

And if it works on a standard phone line I guess you need an analog modem?

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 01:35:00 pm »
Hello LS and others.
I use something that I consider even better than Magic Jack and it is called Skypes. It can be downloaded for FREE and once installed you can talk through your computer to almost anyone in the world for free using computers mic and speakers. What makes it really nice is that if you have a web cam on your PC you can see a live image of the person that you are talking to at the same time. You can also make conference call as I have been on line with 6 (six) different people at the same time. The only hitch is that the others you want to talk to must also have Skypes. So much for the free version.
If you so desire you can buy another version which will allow you to place calls to anyones regular telephone still using your PC as your main connection. I did not purchase this one.
Oh, one more thing televised calls only work between 2 (TWO) people and with conference calls all you get is an icon for each additional person with whom you are talking and as each person speaks their icon blinks. Like I said the program is totally free so it cost you nothing to try.
Bill

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 06:14:31 pm »
yeah the magic jack works through the internet high speed you use a regular phone hooked up to magic jack and magic jack into the usb port of the pc . its for calling personal telephones local or long distance the fee is about 25 dollars a year calling is unlimited . when i used the phone tray software the only thing was that i had to figure out that i had  to run a double plug extension hookup into the majic jack one letting the regular phone line in and the other having the telephone cord (from the phone ) i had to do this to make the system tray work right to where it showed the telephone calls coming in and to be able to block unwanted calls .

hello bill and yes Datahopa i know you are only joking lol !   the reason i said this wasnt spam as such is because i am not just someone coming on here and posting spam like some others have done and i do hope hal will get intagrated with skype and magic jack etc. like i said it already uses my synthsized pc voice and announces the phone number , etc. thats calling on majic jack what would be even cooler is if it opened hal up and one of my characters popped up and talked , even with the option of continuing to talk as the conversation is going on with the other persons voice coming from hal ( charcter would depend on deepness of voice male or female ?) hope robert is seeing this idea and may put it down as something hal may do in the future !!) [:)][:D][8D]

Data

• Xen: Good question, Accessing database...
    • View Profile
    • Datahopa
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 08:08:28 pm »
Thanks for the detailed info LS, now I know what magic jack is. you have some interesting ideas too.

I can only speak for myself but I would never have you down as someone that posts spam.

I have heard of Skype and know some people that use it.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2009, 11:56:37 am »
i am really glad i have magic jack as it has allowed me to make long distance phone calls about evry two days for the past 4 ? years to my mother who is in a nursing home !! [:D]

would be cool if i could have a hapteck head made of my mom and if hal had mj integrated together when ever my mom answered the phone a life like head of hers would be shown talking on my screen back to me !![:)]

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2009, 12:45:01 pm »
Hi Lightspeed
I am glad to see you are happy with Magic Jack but I still think you should give Skypes a try, after all it is free. You can download it for free and if you don't like it then you can just delete it. For a small fee it can do everything Magic Jack can do plus a whole lot more. If you do decide to use it then let me know and I'll email you my Skypes 'handle'. I am sure you see what it can do you may re-evaluate the product.
Bill

1fo5j118250

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2009, 01:55:58 pm »
Originally posted by lightspeed

yeah the magic jack works through the internet high speed you use a regular phone hooked up to magic jack and magic jack into the usb port of the pc . its for calling personal telephones local or long distance the fee is about 25 dollars a year calling is unlimited . when i used the phone tray software the only thing was that i had to figure out that i had  to run a double plug extension hookup into the majic jack one letting the regular phone line in and the other having the telephone cord (from the phone ) i had to do this to make the system tray work right to where it showed the telephone calls coming in and to be able to block unwanted calls .

Lightspeed, please post exactly how you were able to get Phone Tray to work with MagicJack.  Split the line from the MagicJack to the handset, got that but... where do I plug the split-off line?  Into the modem on the PC?  
[?]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2009, 07:34:18 pm »
hello 1fo5j118250 the t connector (thats what i call it anyway ) plugs into magic jack and magic jack is plugged into the usb port on the pc on the t connector i have one phone line run in and one phone cord line going to my regular phone . the t connector is a way for hooking up two phones on the same line they can be bought even at one dollar shops or wal mart etc. hope this helps !![:)]