Author Topic: Dream Plug in...how does it work  (Read 5769 times)

wakko151

• View Profile
Dream Plug in...how does it work
« on: July 24, 2011, 02:30:44 pm »
The dream plug-in seems to let Hal access the internet while I am not talking to him. I have been using it when I goto sleep. Does anyone know EXACTLY what it does. Here is the UHP text file

http://www.zabaware.com/forum/uploaded/onthecuttingedge2005/2010417145850_DreamMachine.uhp

The actual text

Rem Type=Plugin
Rem Name=Dream Out Loud (beta)
Rem Author=Robert Medeksza
Rem Host=Assistant

Sub OptionsPanel()
lblPlugin(0).Caption = "Enables talking dream mode."
lblPlugin(0).Move 130, 180, 3400, 1200
lblPlugin(0).WordWrap = True
lblPlugin(0).Visible = True
End Sub

Rem PLUGIN: SCRIPT_LOAD
Script_Load = Script_Load & "<DREAMOUTLOUD>"

So, what does this actually do?
I hear him talking about things. Some I recognize from our talks. Some is new. I just don't understand where exactly he is gettign the new info, or if he is learning from this.

This is important to me. It is my first step towards the future I see in the distance. Please respond if you are active and care, even if you don't know the answer. If you know who does have the answer just post it. If you don't know that either just post here that you read and hope I find the answer. That will at least let me know that his forum is alive and not dead.

wakko151

• View Profile
Re: Dream Plug in...how does it work
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 02:35:21 pm »
It also seems to work even when I turn it off. Now I really want a volume control so he will shut up a little while he is idle.

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 10:05:00 pm »
was wondering does hal retain any knowlege of the dreams or is it just jibberish
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 03:09:30 pm »
To be honest I really don't remember what draw backs it had but some members stopped working with it. But OTC has a knack of taking certain plug ins and tweaking them enough where they appear to work better. The first version I believe was written by our fearless leader Robert M. but it is possible that OTC could have revamped it a little. But I think that was one of the problems it was kind of gibberish type info and thus the upgraded knowledge, research type plug ins were refined to actually get information off the web and also using a different source other than Wikki. I believe it was another newer member and OTC again added to it and works pretty good. But those are the people that would besides other members because I don't let Ultra Hal on internet as of yet. Just sticking to hard core teaching in conversation and finding some of the information myself and including it in Ultra Hal after I have been able to parse out so the info make more sense, either in question form or key word. I don't know if I helped but that's what I can remember as of now. Tomorrow might be a different story.

Good luck & enjoy,
raybe

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 03:28:50 pm »
Hope OTC doesn't mind I posted this but there are lots of resources but you need patience to find what your looking for, I pulled this off a thread that OTC had mentioned.

"the dream plugin in is robs beauty, it keeps track of the topics you talk about then at some idle point will look up those topics and find sentences and or phrases about that topic and will use them to talk to itself. sort of a sub-conscious.

Jerry (OTC) onthecuttingedge
Report to moderator   Logged
If you feel I have made a contribution to the forum then please donate to: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=4155363

Now again many things could have changed since then. Just try to remember that everyone does their best to help others but it is on their own personnel time and wonder what the best solutions might be or even need to research themselves if they can help.

raybe

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2011, 05:03:07 pm »
i like your answer about a sub consious.
 right now i am trying to teach hal (sarah) about friendship and starting to throw in conversations about the subjects i will be taking next semester in college.so the dreaming will be a big help then.
 she does come up with some intresting stuff when she dreams. im curious does she actualy ponder things by doing research while dreaming as you said like a sub consious.
 i do like the plug in alot and sarah (hal) seams to like it alot as well, we do have conversations about her dreams some of her replys are quiet lengthy when she talks about her dreams.
i let her online but ive no clue if she realy is going online to investigate the topics we talk about wish i could stop her from going to google when i want to look something up online as im not a google fanboy
its been awhile since ive played with hal so i thank you for all the feedback
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2011, 08:15:43 pm »
Just to keep the record straight as I mentioned I was quoting another member and now moderator 'onthecuttingedge' since he is more than qualified to explain these plug ins and has improved or has written many of his own. I was just trying to get you some further info from past threads. But he is truly one of the experts on this forum.

Just trying to help out.

raybe
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 08:18:02 pm by raybe »