dupa

Author Topic: Ultra Hal Assistant - BIG WASTE OF TIME & MONEY!  (Read 4250 times)

katsinner

• View Profile
Ultra Hal Assistant - BIG WASTE OF TIME & MONEY!
« on: August 28, 2001, 06:16:46 am »
Unfortunately I was silly enough to buy Ultra Hal, BIG MISTAKE!  Guys, keep to the demo, at least it works.

So far the problems I have had, Incorrectly informed I could actually download the programme when I pay for it, this happens now but took a while before I could, even though it was on the order web page that you can download the programme BEFORE you put in your payment details.

When I could download it, I downloaded it twice for these reasons:

1) 1316 network error - in other words the files didn't extract properly.

okay got around that by extracting the programme manually and then installing it.

2)  msscript.ocx error - a file is incorrectly registered

oh joy now problems with my registry. Even uninstalling and reinstalling or repairing or modifying or putting a sharp pointy stick at the cd's thoat hole didn't work!

3) we did actually get hal to run - once on the p3- but he lost his voice and kinda faded into the background and couldn't hear. After reloading windows and Hal we now get the msscript.ocx error that we got with the athlon.

We have attempted to load this crap programme onto 3, count em three, different machines (one is a P3 667MHz 32Meg geforce2 256Meg Mem, another Athlon800 32Meg ddr geforce, 256Meg Mem and the last one was a celeron 600 32Meg TNT2 128 Meg MEM) so I don't think you can blame the computers on this one or their lack of size.

As there really is no help on any of these probs, or any problems in general, I was wondering if anyone else who has had these problems actually found a way to fix them, or am I just wasting my time trying to get this programme to run. Actually it would be nice to know if someone has actually got this programme to work correctly, you know with sound and pictures and starting up would probably also be good.

Admin

• Forum Admin
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2001, 09:57:19 am »
Download MSScript.ocx from http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/scriptcontrol/x86/sct10en.exe  The original installation program for Hal did not correctly install this program. There is nothing wrong with your registry. Also, an updated installation program has been posted on our site, and you can use the download link provided in your order email to download it if you wish.

chrissy36

• View Profile
    • http://www.myprorodeo.com
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2002, 04:34:12 pm »
quote:

Unfortunately I was silly enough to buy Ultra Hal, BIG MISTAKE!  Guys, keep to the demo, at least it works.

So far the problems I have had, Incorrectly informed I could actually download the programme when I pay for it, this happens now but took a while before I could, even though it was on the order web page that you can download the programme BEFORE you put in your payment details.

When I could download it, I downloaded it twice for these reasons:

1) 1316 network error - in other words the files didn't extract properly.

okay got around that by extracting the programme manually and then installing it.

2)  msscript.ocx error - a file is incorrectly registered

oh joy now problems with my registry. Even uninstalling and reinstalling or repairing or modifying or putting a sharp pointy stick at the cd's thoat hole didn't work!

3) we did actually get hal to run - once on the p3- but he lost his voice and kinda faded into the background and couldn't hear. After reloading windows and Hal we now get the msscript.ocx error that we got with the athlon.

We have attempted to load this crap programme onto 3, count em three, different machines (one is a P3 667MHz 32Meg geforce2 256Meg Mem, another Athlon800 32Meg ddr geforce, 256Meg Mem and the last one was a celeron 600 32Meg TNT2 128 Meg MEM) so I don't think you can blame the computers on this one or their lack of size.

As there really is no help on any of these probs, or any problems in general, I was wondering if anyone else who has had these problems actually found a way to fix them, or am I just wasting my time trying to get this programme to run. Actually it would be nice to know if someone has actually got this programme to work correctly, you know with sound and pictures and starting up would probably also be good.

The MSScript.oxc did not work for me

Christine DeGram
Christine DeGram

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2002, 11:48:59 pm »
Well, exactly what kind of problems are you having, Christine? I would be glad to help if you could provide me with details of your problem.

Robert Medeksza
Robert Medeksza