dupa

Author Topic: Plugin for Skype and Twitch  (Read 2986 times)

Khailz

• View Profile
Plugin for Skype and Twitch
« on: July 06, 2014, 12:27:38 am »
Is it possible to get a plugin for Skype, such as a feature that would let me teach my HAL from somewhere else and interact with it. And maybe even someway using the Twitch Live streaming API to make a plugin to moderate Twitch channels. Would it be doable?

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Plugin for Skype and Twitch
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 12:45:20 pm »
Isn't Twitch a video platform / forum for Gamers? I fail to see how Hal might usefully interact with such a platform. (key word being usefully).

I'm not trying to shoot down your idea but rather trying to figure out how the two would become better if such a merging could be accomplished.
Again, Hal is primarily a Chatbot or chat assistant.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 12:48:35 pm by Art »
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Khailz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 02:13:58 pm »
Twitch isn't a forum or platform it's a live streaming service, HAL would moderate the chat and speak to the people in the chat, so it would be very beneficial because HAL is a chat assistant and chatbot.

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 02:39:11 pm »
Give time for one of the plugin master to read your post. I think all ideas lead somewhere. Lol. I curious myself it would be a work around for the moment while Robert cooks up the mobile version of Hal that's my opinion anyways.
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

mendicott

• View Profile
    • Meta-Guide.com
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2014, 02:47:31 am »
I'm still looking for a decent chatbot system with full audio and video compatibility with Skype.

There is a huge amount of confusion online when people talk about chatbots and Skype.  Chatbots have a long history of IM/XMPP compatibility.  Skype, like Facebook, has an auxiliary IM channel.  I am completely uninterested in IM chatbots for either Skype or Facebook.  I expect full human-like interactivity on social channels.  For instance, on Facebook this would mean proactive timeline posting and reactive commenting, as well as perhaps PM (rather than IM).

I don't know anything about Twitch, but it sounds like IM me.