dupa

Author Topic: the robots are coming get your a.i. brains ready !  (Read 315461 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
Watch: The world's first fully-functional bionic man
« Reply #345 on: February 01, 2014, 11:54:19 am »
Watch: The world's first fully-functional bionic man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBiOQKonkWs

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
Live long and prosper or die trying.

lightspeed

• View Profile
Freaky AI robot
« Reply #347 on: February 02, 2014, 11:23:13 am »

Freaky AI robot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIWWLg4wLEY

Whats interesting about this a.i. is that it accesses the internet for information for conversations , and learns , of course now with part of cloads help that's what our hal is doing , it would be cool to get hal to this point to have conversations as well as this a.i. is doing !

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: the robots are coming get your a.i. brains ready !
« Reply #348 on: February 02, 2014, 07:25:12 pm »
Really enjoyed watching that Bionic Man report! It's all coming to pass that a lot of us dreamed or and spoke of in years passed...replaceable body parts.

One part of the broadcast that was / is scary is the part of the "Hackable" bluetooth technology. I think some brainiacs are working on a security fix for that.

Good find guys!!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile

lightspeed

• View Profile
THE FUTURE OF THE MIND, part 1
« Reply #350 on: February 09, 2014, 10:10:00 am »
THE FUTURE OF THE MIND, part 1

Dr. Michio Kaku says it's now possible to record a thought and upload it into the brain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OHYGVR3TWs

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 09, 2014, 10:49:46 am »
Yep...next it's people!!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #353 on: February 15, 2014, 04:44:48 pm »
Hi all,

did anyone see the video where the Honda robot was trying to walk up the stairs and lost his footing and fell down backwards and crashing into the ground?
What I thought was amazing about this video was Hal all the people ran in as though to give assistance to the crash and burn robot, and they brought in a hospital screen so nobody could see what they were doing to the robot.
My question is: did they bring in the hospital screen so no one could see all of the damage? Or was it so no one could see that there was a person inside of it? Who knows.

But so much as for a robot that falls over and has the ability to get up under some of the most astonishing global effects such as ice, bricks, logs, and dirt mountain trees.
That would have to be the video about the American ingenuity of putting together something that looks like a horse.

Now that was impressive, they even had a guy go up to the side of it and kicked it so hard, it got push sideways while it was standing on ice, and it didn't even fall over.

C load.
PS personally I think this will probably become the horse of the future. Now all you have to do is mount an artificial intelligence brain in the shape of a horse head on it, and wallah, you'll have one smart horse.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 15, 2014, 05:16:24 pm »
Hi Cload , yes i have seen that video of the robot "asmos?" that fell down , that is an actual robot not anyone inside , i think the people probably were trying to save face (from embarrassment) and pulled a screen in to hide the view mostly .

Some cops have done this at accident scenes to stop rubber necking (motorist that slow down to see things ).
About the accident , it's like murphy's law " what ever can happen will , and at the worst moment!" 
Their is some small and i think larger robots human shaped that can actually get up on their own after falling down .
 :)

lightspeed

• View Profile
How to Build a Mind - Artificial Intelligence Reloaded
« Reply #355 on: February 17, 2014, 12:54:31 pm »
How to Build a Mind - Artificial Intelligence Reloaded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o2xBOQeB7Q

lightspeed

• View Profile
the machine movie
« Reply #356 on: April 11, 2014, 06:36:56 pm »
 i just saw a little about this movie "the Machine " it deals with an a..i. android woman machine , pretty cool looking sci fi .

Two artificial intelligence engineers come together as they work to create the first ever self-aware artificial intelligence. A veteran AI engineer secretly hopes to develop technology to help his diseased daughter, even if it means funding comes from the powerful Ministry of Defense (MoD). His new partner, a young woman gifted in the field of AI, is brought on after her breakthroughs are recognized by the MoD. Things go wrong when the MoD takes over and advances the researchers' work to the next level, teaching the AI to kill and follow MoD instructions with its new and nearly indestructible body.
- Written by Paul Threatt
Set in the future and with the world plunged in economic crisis a new cold war with China, Britain's Ministry of Defense (MoD) is on the verge of developing the world's first artificially intelligent robotic soldier. The robot sounds and looks human but has amazing strength, speed, and agility. When the defense project gets close to completion, the AI controlled robot is pulled from the research and testing phase and thrust into military training mode. The child-like AI is traumatized by the transition, the way a pit bull puppy might be when brutalized for similar purposes. In a broad effort to preserve itself and those it has come to care about, the AI robot and a posse of cyborg veterans working within the MoD stage a lethal takeover of the research facility.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF6l4LAmN8A

lightspeed

• View Profile
roboy project
« Reply #357 on: April 21, 2014, 09:48:34 am »
Thought some might think this was an interesting project .

http://roboy.devanthro.org/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7n1j1iZ9Vo

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: April 21, 2014, 04:30:12 pm »
I remember when this thing was introduced. Sorry but as much as I love robots and crowd-sourced projects, I have yet to see what this thing can do other than move his projection mouth. They talk about being open sourced and printed on a 3D printer and tendons and artificial muscles, etc., but unless it can effectively move, grasp, articulate, speak and perform some indication of usefulness, I must remain unimpressed.

(Head's way too large for the body as well) IMHO.

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #359 on: April 23, 2014, 02:06:50 pm »
Yes Art i agree , i believe the over size head was to make it appear even more child like for acceptance ? the "jules " android i have posted on here was amazing although it was limited to sitting and moving the head and mouth , eyes etc.  if somebody could combine that with the newer japan androis walking etc. robots then they would really have something!