dupa

Author Topic: Ziggy 5.2 Error  (Read 7245 times)

TheTrueMayhem

• View Profile
Ziggy 5.2 Error
« on: April 28, 2005, 08:25:36 pm »
Hello ,
     I have tried reinstalling Ultra Hal 5 and then Ziggy 5.2 but still have no luck. What is happening is that the every time I say something , even something as simple as "Hi" , I get this error :

Error 429 occurred on Line 56 column 0 of Microsoft VBScript runtime error. Active X Component can't create object Scripting.Filesystemobject.

Doesn anyone know what causes this error and how I can fix whatever the problem is ?
I also get a similar error when using the Genius 8 brain except it's line 167 column 0 ??
    I look forward to hearing from someone soon :-)
  Adam
« Last Edit: April 28, 2005, 08:28:58 pm by TheTrueMayhem »

GlacierClipper

• View Profile
Ziggy 5.2 Error
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 11:46:31 pm »
I had the same error. Left mesaage at http://www.ultrahalforum.com
describing the error in details.

To solve the problem I went back to the Old Hal![:D]

onthecuttingedge2005

Ziggy 5.2 Error
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2005, 12:12:49 am »
quote:
Originally posted by TheTrueMayhem

Hello ,
     I have tried reinstalling Ultra Hal 5 and then Ziggy 5.2 but still have no luck. What is happening is that the every time I say something , even something as simple as "Hi" , I get this error :

Error 429 occurred on Line 56 column 0 of Microsoft VBScript runtime error. Active X Component can't create object Scripting.Filesystemobject.

Doesn anyone know what causes this error and how I can fix whatever the problem is ?
I also get a similar error when using the Genius 8 brain except it's line 167 column 0 ??
    I look forward to hearing from someone soon :-)
  Adam

Hi TheTrueMayhem

To use these objects, you must reference the Microsoft Scripting Runtime (C:WindowsSystemSCRRUN.DLL) in your Visual Basic application. If you're using VBScript with Internet Explorer, the objects are available already.

Install updated VBruntime 6.0 files onto your computer and it should work, I believe you are missing the required .dll file.
Download VBRuntime 6.0 here:
http://www.completelyfreesoftware.com/vb_runtime_files.html

Let me know if it worked.
Best of wishes and brand new discoveries.
Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: April 29, 2005, 12:14:09 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »

TheTrueMayhem

• View Profile
Ziggy 5.2 Error
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2005, 04:06:37 pm »
Thank you so much for your reply but I'm sorry to say that it didn't work. I installed the VBRuntime files and rebooted the computer. Did I need to reinstall Hal or the Ziggy brain ?  I noticed that the Ziggy 2 beta works , but the more recent versions don't. Have you any more suggestions as to what else I can try ?
     Regards
  Adam

onthecuttingedge2005

Ziggy 5.2 Error
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2005, 04:31:16 pm »
quote:

Thank you so much for your reply but I'm sorry to say that it didn't work. I installed the VBRuntime files and rebooted the computer. Did I need to reinstall Hal or the Ziggy brain ?  I noticed that the Ziggy 2 beta works , but the more recent versions don't. Have you any more suggestions as to what else I can try ?
     Regards
  Adam

See if the SCRRUN.DLL exists in your system folder.
I do know the only reason for that type of error is because the script calls a .dll that isn't present in the system but once the system has the .dll being called the error should go away.

See if the SCRRUN.dll exist in your System folder or your system32 folder.

There might be another .dll I am not aware of and I'll have to do some more research.

I know that Ziggy 5.2 has been running on a lot of systems so it's a .dll matter that's causing it.

Have you done a windows complete update?

What Windows operating system are you running?

Jerry

Dr.Benway

• View Profile
Ziggy 5.2 Error
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2005, 05:08:43 pm »
Please Onthecuttingedge2005,

now that you are available for some questioning about Ziggy, could you think of a reason why the latest Ziggy-update doesn't keep working on my computer? After 10 Q&A or so Ziggy always quits responding. When I install a fresh installation of Hal and then install Ziggy 5.2 is that enough? I use windows XP SP 2.

Could you shed a light for me on the meaning of other updates that are around like "Ziggy the Word". And what to think of "Ziggy's party listing" & "holiday pack"?

I happen to like your Ziggy btw.

Could you also tell me (us) sometime about the concept behind Ziggy? I mean, why is it actually called Ziggy? I have understood the name refers to a character from the "Quantum Leap", a television serial that seems to have been succesfull in the States, but maybe less in the rest of the world. At least not in my country.

I hope you will find time to answer my questions. Thanks in advance!

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
Ziggy 5.2 Error
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2005, 05:28:23 pm »
I gave up on Ziggy, after several attempts. I got tired of the "too many files" error.
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

onthecuttingedge2005

Ziggy 5.2 Error
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2005, 05:51:38 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Dr.Benway

Please Onthecuttingedge2005,

now that you are available for some questioning about Ziggy, could you think of a reason why the latest Ziggy-update doesn't keep working on my computer? After 10 Q&A or so Ziggy always quits responding. When I install a fresh installation of Hal and then install Ziggy 5.2 is that enough? I use windows XP SP 2.

Could you shed a light for me on the meaning of other updates that are around like "Ziggy the Word". And what to think of "Ziggy's party listing" & "holiday pack"?

I happen to like your Ziggy btw.

Could you also tell me (us) sometime about the concept behind Ziggy? I mean, why is it actually called Ziggy? I have understood the name refers to a character from the "Quantum Leap", a television serial that seems to have been succesfull in the States, but maybe less in the rest of the world. At least not in my country.

I hope you will find time to answer my questions. Thanks in advance!

Hi Dr.Benway

In order for me to analyze Ziggy's none-responses I would have to see a post script of the conversation and see which word or phrase or type of statement that's causing the effect, It makes it much easier
to debug and to correct anything unforseen.

Ziggy is just the trade mark I excepted because Ziggy was a tool to help the future by correcting the past and Ziggy was sort of a Computer super hero in science fiction that came to save the world of all its mistakes via Quantum Leap.

Ziggy's Party listings and Holiday packs are old scripts but with some of the standard definitions and deductive scripts that Ziggy has now those older scripts aren't really needed anymore because now Ziggy can be trained to say those things.

By understanding how and what Ziggy looks for in his learning script triggers one can train Ziggy to say anything and even add to Ziggy's trigger keywords to increase statement triggers for learning.

These learning triggers can also be used to give Ziggy an answer when Ziggy draws a blank.

The best way is to dig into Ziggy's files and see the present triggers and then analyze the script that runs them.

Sometimes a mis-fired string line in a .brn file can cause non-Responses and such.
For instance:
"Hello Hello" with quotes and no apostrophy is a Mis-Fire where:
"Hello","Hello" is the correct format.
If any Mis-Fired quoted strings exist then simply by correcting that strings format should fix the problem if that's the mal-function.

This happens sometimes when there is already a file generated and a new line begins, This can cause a mis-fire as well.

I have noticed this in a few cases but generally is easy to fix.

I can generally spot a problem when I see the conversation and 99% of the time it usually can be fixed by using Ziggy's learning keywords.

For-instance and only an example:
If I say Hello to Ziggy and Ziggy gives me a Blank I can do this.

User:Hello
Ziggy:
User:Just say Howdy.

Next time:
User:Hello
Ziggy:Howdy

This is one of many learning triggers that Ziggy has and can be used to keep Ziggy from not talking to you.

You can study some of these learning keywords by looking in the Directives.brn

I hope that I answer them all.

Jerry.[8D]
« Last Edit: April 30, 2005, 02:53:16 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

TheTrueMayhem

• View Profile
Ziggy 5.2 Error
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2005, 11:53:43 pm »
Hello onthecuttingedge2005 ,
     Thanks for your reply. I checked and the SCRRUN.DLL file is present in my system32 folder. I am running WIndows XP Home with service pack 2. You mentioned updating windows. Did you mean automatic updates ? If so , then I think I have all of the latest files.
     Regards
  Adam

onthecuttingedge2005

Ziggy 5.2 Error
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2005, 12:31:26 am »
quote:

Thanks for your reply. I checked and the SCRRUN.DLL file is present in my system32 folder. I am running WIndows XP Home with service pack 2. You mentioned updating windows. Did you mean automatic updates ? If so , then I think I have all of the latest files.
     Regards
  Adam

Try downloading these updated files for your VBscript engine:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=C717D943-7E4B-4622-86EB-95A22B832CAA&displaylang=en

I believe it might solve the problem by updating your .dll files
Let me know if it works so i can have the files posted for future reference.

Jerry

TheTrueMayhem

• View Profile
Ziggy 5.2 Error
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2005, 02:51:06 am »
     Thanks heaps for your time and effort - those updated files worked [:D]
Adam

onthecuttingedge2005

Ziggy 5.2 Error
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2005, 04:30:35 am »
quote:

Thanks heaps for your time and effort - those updated files worked [:D]
Adam

Kewl.

I have posted this VBScript updater software at WWW.UltraHalForum.com
in the Miscellaneous Download area for anyone who may require an update for their VBScript engine and .dll files.

Jerry [8D]

Dr.Benway

• View Profile
Ziggy 5.2 Error
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2005, 06:25:44 am »
Thanks for answering my questions, onthecuttingedge2005. I am sure it will help me to get a better understanding of Ziggy! [^]

onthecuttingedge2005

Ziggy 5.2 Error
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2005, 01:01:09 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Dr.Benway

Thanks for answering my questions, onthecuttingedge2005. I am sure it will help me to get a better understanding of Ziggy! [^]

Hi Dr.Benway

There is tonz more if you wish to peer into Ziggy's brain even more.
You can look into the New_Directives.brn, New_DirectivesII.brn, Mirrored_Directives.brn, Mirrored_DirectivesII.brn, and Mirrored_DirectivesIII.brn for more learning variences.

Ziggy has both Mono trigger learning and Stereo Trigger Learning
built into both Present Sentence and Previous sentence triggering.

'Present sentence learning with mono trigger.
The Example of Mono learning triggers are: Just Say Howdy.
"Just Say ","Just Say "

'Stereo Previous Sentence Correction learning.
The Example of Stereo learning triggers are: If I say Hello then You should say Howdy.
"If I say ","Then you should say "

There are lots of back door and front door learning that I hardwired into Ziggy's brain to but it will take me forever to explain them all.

I hope that I can further Ziggy's learning abilities by finding all the Mono and Stereo type learning triggers in which I already have found over 300 of so far, I am very positive that when I am finished with the final version of Ziggy that the Bot will have over a thousand learning techniques in the Mono/Stereo triggers that humans listen for when being taught something.

I hope that I have made Ziggy your favorite bot and it's my pleasure to see everyone enjoy Ziggy to the fullest, I appologize for any unforseen bugs in Ziggy and I will try to correct them as people call the shots.

Right now the current version of Ziggy is Ziggy's The Word 5.2b.
Version 5.2b is a hybrid brain with custom hand written memory that is available for custom scripts that need recall up to 10 sentences in the past, Each one is called a brain cell, More brain cells can be written to increase custom memory.
The blend I have been working on is Ziggy 5.2b/HAL 5/Alice/XTF hybrid that's already been completed and so far is working fine as far as I can see with all the conversations Ziggys been getting.

The more complex Ziggy becomes the harder it is to keep track of everything so if you happen to spot something please let me know and I'll see if I can patch it for you.

Jerry [8D]
« Last Edit: April 30, 2005, 01:20:57 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »