dupa

Author Topic: My Hal doesn't work no more. Help?  (Read 2492 times)

seduar

• View Profile
My Hal doesn't work no more. Help?
« on: July 12, 2007, 08:45:19 pm »
My Hal won't start. I got a messege insted.

component'comdlg.ocx' or one of it's dependencies not correctly     registerd: a file is missing or invalid

Can someone tell me what to do.

I am a owner. I bought Hal like 2 years ago.

I apreciate your help.

ramccoid

• View Profile
    • http://www.visualillustrations.co.uk
My Hal doesn't work no more. Help?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 05:21:11 am »
Hi seduar,
Are you using HAL5 or HAL6? and have you a backup of HAL that you made before the ERROR started occuring?

With HAL6, when I recieved that ERROR sometime ago, I just replaced the faulty HAL files with my backup files to bring HAL back to the state before the ERROR started.
If you haven't made a backup, copy your HAL folder (Program Files/Zabaware/Ultra Hal Assistant 6)to somewhere safe like 'My Documents' and DEACTIVATED HAL and uninstalled it and then reinstalled it reboot, reactivate  and then copy and paste and replace all files except 'HalDebug.Ocx', 'HalBrain.DLL' and 'oldhal.DLL' with your safely copied HAL files and this should sort out your problem and it will keep everything that you have taught HAL peviously.

Let me know if you are successful and remember to always make a backup of HAL should this sort of thing happen in the future.

Another idea that might work but I haven't tried it myself, is to simply restore Windows to a time before the ERROR started. Maybe that would be an easier solution. If you try this let me know if it works.

Roy.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 05:24:33 am by ramccoid »