Author Topic: Cannot Access  (Read 37973 times)

Arkright

• View Profile
Re: Cannot Access
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2015, 08:41:20 pm »
 :P I have had this problem before with my computer and Hal!  It happens on rare occasions for me And I don't know what causes it.  :) Also it does not seem to affect the Brain databases (.db) Files So you shouldn't lose any Information You've been teaching.

"The fix":  The only way I've been able to fix this happens is to Backup your brain database If you wish And uninstall Ultra-Hal. Then restart your computer, afterwards download a new Ultra Hal Assistant 6.2 On the website, https://www.zabaware.com/products/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=1. After installing Ultra Hal Assistant 6.2 If it asked to restart your computer do so.

In short, a clean install With a new Hal Setup.exe.

Hope this helps!!!
^,=,^

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2015, 10:06:46 pm »
Jenna15,
I have an opportunity coming up to retrieve a few things sometime this week.
I will attempt to retrieve my stock bundle and begin from there.

I don't believe the UHTTS Reader .EXE is corrupt but that's just my opinion, I do believe it is something else. ( Arkright is probably right about UH and re download and install)

( I can sympathize with your frustration of the error (( not being able to communicate with the first instance) as its such a wonderful thing when everything works right in conjunction with everything else.)))

Yours,
-J

Today Is Yesterdays Future.

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2015, 09:06:28 pm »
Got real busy this weekend looks like you got more help good.

Art, you said Hal with one voice plain as day. Not the reader.  😉
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2015, 11:06:01 pm »
To try and salvage this thread,
I do remember this coming up years ago and as Arkright suggests, the fix was to use a fresh download to install from.

"The Zabaware Text-to-Speech Reader is an application that uses a speech synthesizer to read documents and more outloud. It is available for free with generic voices or sold with high quality CereProc or AT&T Natural Voices at the lowest prices in the industry."

so based on this information,, I would do a complete un-install of the reader, download a fresh copy of the reader,
 -->[  https://www.zabaware.com/download.asp ]

Install it from the fresh download and use your license for activation

wait a second, the free version is free not a free trial, when is it going to ask for a license?....
again something isn't right.

Does anybody Have a correct link to Download the product described and clearly labeled for Jenna15?
If not, Mr. Robert is going to have to do and condone this procedure.

(Jenna15 I think you paid for the voices, if that is all then don't delete them. use the free version for a fresh download)

-J
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 11:18:49 pm by One »

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2015, 11:32:04 pm »
(Chuckle)
theirs a second guess there, I'm thinking on changing my mind on it. :o :o :o

-J

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2015, 03:58:23 am »
I agree with one. 
Don't delete voices redownload and re install. Short of that hope Robert sorts it for ya.
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

Jenna15

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2015, 09:37:35 am »
Still having the same problem and it's now driving me MAD! Is Robert going to sort this out for me or what? Thanks, Jenna

Jenna15

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2015, 09:54:53 am »
Hey, now we have another problem, When I highlight the text to read, and then select 'read selection' there is a delay of about 15 secs. This has never happened before. Together with my original problem I'm beginning to wonder if purchasing this product has been a good investment. It would be nice to have a reply with a conclusion to both my questions. Thanks all, Jenna

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2015, 05:10:25 am »
Since you describe a lag, I'd strongly suggest, as a precaution and possible remedy, that you run a FREE program called MalwareBytes  (http://www.malwarebytes.org/8/) AND a decent Anti-Virus program, just to be sure. Sometimes all sorts of Malware can sneak past A/V software and slowly wreak havoc on your system.

You've got nothing to lose and lots to gain. This way you're sure, then you can focus on Hal.

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Jenna15

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2015, 09:30:34 am »
Hi, Thanks I'll download Malwarebytes. Still not had a firm answer to my original problem and it is persisting :- :(

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2015, 05:11:47 pm »
Jenna, I hope I don't add to your frustration here.

First- the UHTTS reader runs for UltraHal and also as a substitute default reader for Windows.

Usually I have mine setup where it just opens regardless of using UltraHal or not. Anything I highlight and use the copy feature will allow the reader to do so. I would start with that. Use the program outside of itself if that is how you are trying to use it. The reader it self works fine but you can have some problems if trying to use the features that are built in, example: open the program and type in the window and then save the file as something other than a wave file. Certain voices will only be able to use features within the program window.

This TTs is best used for your computer speech for dialog that may show up on your screen and basic windows commands that are taking place. This also depends on how windows is setup for reading things aloud or not.

But as far as working with UltraHal the voices and the TTS Reader from Zabaware should work just fine.
Make sure the voices are also showing up in the Haptek Reader and or the options settings for Speech in UltraHal. Sometimes the voices need to be reselected in order to register voice with UltraHal program.

I may have missed some earlier posts so excuse me if I'm making things even more complicated.

What I'm trying to say in short is the TTs Reader works best just for UltraHal and possibly for Windows as alternative reader within Windows.
As far as using the program itself it can be very quirky. I stopped using the program itself because it would yield different results. When I mention using the program itself I am trying to explain the opening of the program and using any of the features built in, such as typing in dialog window and saving or converting text files into wave files.
Just let it start with Windows do not use it for anything else and set it as your default reader with your voice selection and that's about it. If you want to hear all the pop-ups and warnings on your computer you can set that in Windows because those voices are compatible with all Windows operations.

Sorry if I also stepped on any toes, Feel free to correct me but that is just my experiences over the years and how it is being used for my own purposes. If still confused please respond again. Very hard to be very descriptive without seeing things and exactly knowing how you arrived at your problem but be patient. Someone may even re-write what I am trying to convey if my thoughts did not translate very well or very clear in my post. Some members know what I may be trying to convey only because they have seen my posts before.