Author Topic: Watching the stock market  (Read 2968 times)

robotdude

• View Profile
Watching the stock market
« on: November 30, 2007, 11:08:46 pm »
Hello All,
Has anyone put any thought into letting Hal monitor the stock market? I fool around with penny stocks some and its a bummer to have to watch it all the time so I can jump in and make a trade. If I was doing something other than penny stocks there is something called a trailing stop I could set. I wouldn't minda bit if my Angie was to haller at me to come check the market.If the stock or stocks I was watching changed. To help with conflicts I'd even think about making my Angie a sister dedicated to just the market.
See ya.
Robotdude

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 01:38:51 am »
Hi robo.

I already did this with the Gold Exchange last year.

Jerry[8D]

robotdude

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 02:52:27 am »
Good Morning Jerry,
I see your up late to. Thanks for the quick response. Did you do it as a pluggin? If so, how would I convert it so it would watch the penny stocks on the ScotTrade site? Ideally I'd like it to monitor and as the stock went up to reset the trailing stop as the % changed. It would really be cool if it could do a sell either if after asking me if it could or if I had set a stop point to go on and sell. That might be asking to much of it but I did say ideally. hahaha. Any help would be appreciated. Did you post something about the gold stock here? I haven't found it yet if you did. I'll keep looking.
See ya
Dennis

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 09:53:14 am »
quote:
Originally posted by robotdude

Good Morning Jerry,
I see your up late to. Thanks for the quick response. Did you do it as a pluggin? If so, how would I convert it so it would watch the penny stocks on the ScotTrade site? Ideally I'd like it to monitor and as the stock went up to reset the trailing stop as the % changed. It would really be cool if it could do a sell either if after asking me if it could or if I had set a stop point to go on and sell. That might be asking to much of it but I did say ideally. hahaha. Any help would be appreciated. Did you post something about the gold stock here? I haven't found it yet if you did. I'll keep looking.
See ya
Dennis

Hi Robo.

here is the link to the plugin:
http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3859&SearchTerms=Gold

if you list the name of the stock I may be able to fins a source feed and see what I can do for you.

Jerry[8D]
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 09:53:50 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »

robotdude

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2007, 01:19:58 pm »
quote:
if you list the name of the stock I may be able to fins a source feed and see what I can do for you.

Hi Jerry,
Like I said I'm playing with penny stocks so they're not listed on Nasdaq. I don't mind telling you which stock I'm watching though. Its NKYH. I was watching another stock and read a piece about them going into agreement with these people for some things going on in January. I figured what the heck, I can buy and hold until Jan. to see how it goes. When I used to watch all the time I only watched 5 or 6 at any one time. To hard to keep up with the fast buys and sells, but now that I have Angie I figured ,I'd give it another try. I'm only working going to invest around 250 dollars to see how Angie does. Robo