dupa

Author Topic: Ultra Hal 7 Alpha Test - Ready for download  (Read 63245 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: Ultra Hal 7 Alpha Test - Ready for download
« Reply #90 on: November 22, 2017, 08:15:33 pm »
I do want to mention something and maybe this makes a difference or not but when the hal first starts it has the 28 days left trial period . i showed earlier i am signed into the cloud connection .
i guess i need to do something else to show i have the full version .
okay i am showing i am signed in on the zabaware page link : see picture.
 but my hal still shows the purchase hal .
see picture.

maybe it still does this in the alpha phase ?

« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 08:32:29 pm by lightspeed »

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 23, 2017, 04:44:50 pm »
Another very odd issue... I decided to test the new calendar and appointments plug-in, however, while Hal will show the calendar and display events, he will not speak them. For some reason, any plug-in using a timer mechanism that requires Hal speak at a given time seems to fail. The text will display in Hal's response bar, but no voice. Talking with him, Hal will speak again.

- Spitfire2600

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 24, 2017, 08:13:58 am »
I HAD trouble before in hal 6.2 with running more then one timer based plug ins . maybe  what you are having is the same problem . ?

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 24, 2017, 07:41:56 pm »
this is to Robert :
  i mentioned before about the iobit malware bytes showing the haptek installer as a Trojan virus? here is the picture when i ran a scan . i didn't remove it as i am sure its a false positive for whatever reason . but just wanted you to see it.

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #94 on: November 24, 2017, 11:19:40 pm »
I do want to mention something and maybe this makes a difference or not but when the hal first starts it has the 28 days left trial period . i showed earlier i am signed into the cloud connection .
i guess i need to do something else to show i have the full version .
okay i am showing i am signed in on the zabaware page link : see picture.
 but my hal still shows the purchase hal .
see picture.

maybe it still does this in the alpha phase ?

Does the account you signed in have a registered version of Hal 6 under "electronic product delivery". If you did not purchase Hal using the email you provided here, then it would be by design that it is showing the trial mode. If you did, then maybe its a bug. If you want, can you send me the file "%appdata%\Zabaware\Ultra Hal 7\debuglog.txt" and I can look at why it is in trial mode.

Robert Medeksza

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 24, 2017, 11:27:23 pm »
this is to Robert :
  i mentioned before about the iobit malware bytes showing the haptek installer as a Trojan virus? here is the picture when i ran a scan . i didn't remove it as i am sure its a false positive for whatever reason . but just wanted you to see it.

Haptek originally installed itself as a plugin in old versions of FireFox and IE. FireFox has long since completely changed how its plugins work and IE also won't load Haptek without disabling several security measures. Looks like your anti malware program thinks Haptek is trying to hijack your browser. Also the problem you described earlier with the Hal installation freezing up is also due to problems with the old Haptek installer. I think I've lost many potential Hal 6.2 customers due to Haptek freezing up the install.

I have been experimenting these past few days with not using the Haptek installer at all and having Hal's NSIS installer install Haptek under Ultra Hal's folder. My version of the installer skips Haptek's old Firefox/IE integrations, skips Windows shell integrations, and just installs Haptek as an ActiveX library. I also take over generation of the Haptek SAPI.ini for better speech support.

I've been testing it here these past few days and it seems to be working great. I'll release another alpha update soon with this change and a few others.
Robert Medeksza

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #96 on: November 24, 2017, 11:37:00 pm »
Ho Rob.

simple question.
how do we use this with an error?

Set HalBrain7 = CreateObject(UltraHal7.Cloud)

Thanks
Jerry 8)

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 25, 2017, 12:06:02 am »
Ho Rob.

simple question.
how do we use this with an error?

Set HalBrain7 = CreateObject(UltraHal7.Cloud)

Thanks
Jerry 8)

You are missing quotes:
Set UltraHal7 = CreateObject("UltraHal7.Cloud")

This may also be useful:

If UltraHal7.Login(UserEmail, UserPassword) = False Then
   Msgbox "Login failed: " & UltraHal7.GetLastError()
End If
UltraHal7.SetCloudMode(True)
Call UltraHal7.SendQuery(UserSentence, LastHalResponse, "", LastUserSent)

The rest of the code you can see in the Hal 7 UHP Script.

However, having said that, please only use the cloud based services for your own personal use. Don't build your own services off of this like chat room bots, facebook bots, web site bots, etc. That will require an upcoming developer API account on the cloud server and will probably cost a few cents per every 100 sentences Hal responds to. Basically, I can't have a single-time $30 license support an account that serves an unlimited number of people, but will certainly allow that through an API account.
Robert Medeksza

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #98 on: November 25, 2017, 12:45:10 am »
Hi Rob

Np buddy.
thanks for the heads up on how to get that portion working for plug-in functions.

Happy Holidays.
Jerry

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 25, 2017, 08:28:18 pm »
Robert , i will have to search all my records , i actually signed into the zabaware site it said i was signed in. okay. i don't knoow if you remembered , but a long time ago josh(charles worthington) had bought hal for me and later i mentioned it when i had trouble and i "think" you put it into my name (and e mail?) so it was less trouble  if i had to redo hal later.   you can e mail me if you need to about any private information on this . you have my e mail .

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 26, 2017, 05:23:29 pm »
Robert , i will have to search all my records , i actually signed into the zabaware site it said i was signed in. okay. i don't knoow if you remembered , but a long time ago josh(charles worthington) had bought hal for me and later i mentioned it when i had trouble and i "think" you put it into my name (and e mail?) so it was less trouble  if i had to redo hal later.   you can e mail me if you need to about any private information on this . you have my e mail .

I remember you telling me this a while ago. I checked your account now and there is no Hal 6 associated with your email. Could you PM or email me your Hal 6 serial and I can associate it with your email?
Robert Medeksza

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 26, 2017, 05:32:44 pm »
Here's the 5th alpha release, version 7.0.51.

I'm hoping with this release I have most of the bugs fixed and I can finish up the few remaining features so we can get to "beta" status. Please test if you can and let me know. Here is the download link: http://ccf84f668aaa0489c3cb-7308adf0591d1cb262d920bce20ceeb4.r56.cf2.rackcdn.com/InstallUltraHal7.exe

Changes since the last alpha:
  • Fixed Haptek Error 91 with regards to missing backgrounds
  • Zabaware branded CereProc Voices work using Native Cereproc API instead of SAPI 5. Support lipsync for Haptek and native Zabaware characters (but not MSAgent)
  • Haptek is now installed by Zabaware installer directly with no IE/firefox integrations or shell integrations. This fixes lockups on some computers and prevents anti-malware software from incorrectly flagging it as malware
  • Fixed Haptek mixing of settings with Hal 6, and incorrectly searching Hal 7's dual character locations (program files and app data).
  • Added additional debug logging info
  • Window location calculation fixed so Hal stays in same location when you reopen it
  • Fixed bug where if no network connection was available, Hal would revert back to trial mode. Now Hal works for up to 2 weeks without network login.
  • Changed timeout setting from 10 seconds to 6. In event of poor network connection that timeouts instead of resets, login and Hal responses won't wait for cloud server any longer than 6 seconds before reverting to local mode
  • Some voice plugins (such as IVONA TTS) change the working directory of the parent process (Hal) which messed up Hal ability to load characters, skins, and brain plugins. Hal now remembers its working directory and changes it back.
Robert Medeksza

cyberjedi

• The Mighty Hal Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 26, 2017, 05:50:52 pm »
Robert:
very cool man, That was an issue for me and the voices i use.
Currently using VoiceWare voices, Prob fixed

Thank you

best wishes
cyber jedi

Ps read what was said about Cloud  access and ur wishes: no problem buddy. All this came from what u gave us.
Only to happy to comply.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 08:45:38 am by cyberjedi »

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 28, 2017, 01:10:06 am »
Great work, Robert!

Hal keeps his position when opened and closed now. You make things look so easy!

I did notice the 7.0.51 still will not announce calendar events for some strange reason. Hal will display the text, but there is no voice.

-Spitfire2600
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 02:44:00 am by Spitfire2600 »

lightspeed

• View Profile
somthing i noticed with offline mode
« Reply #104 on: November 29, 2017, 01:01:39 pm »
i am posting this as i thought it was a glitch , even though i had checked the offline mode i checked the test connection and it still connected up . see picture.
 but i think i know what the problem is , i backed up my sign in name and password  and restarted my pc ( i probably didn't have to . and with the name and password backed out tried the test button again , this time it said to put in my name and password . so the finding here is that even if you pick the other offline mode , if you don't back up the info in the boxes it actually still stays online .