dupa

Author Topic: Why is Hal Not DEAD Yet?  (Read 20351 times)

Electric Rider

Re: Why is Hal Not DEAD Yet?
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2013, 01:54:13 pm »
Cload said,

One of the things that I noticed in your comments, is I believe that you are confusing the ultra Hal 6.2.28 that gets installed on your computer, VS the free ultra Hal that you can chat with on the Internet webpage that uses the twitter database.
The large database that I believe you are referring to was developed by Rob when he gave us the Wikipedia plug-in, and I am working on a much larger more accurate database for ultra Hal that exceeds a gigabyte, when I'm done it will be free.
So much as with, as anyone developed a brain that has exceeded ultra Hals an initial brain? OTC has written a full and complete brains, and I myself and making every effort to make ultra Hal as smart as possible.

No, I wasn't confusing anything.. just going by what the video said from the link I gave for the new website. I didn't even know there was a free ultra hal bot on the internet nor did I know anything about any Wikipedia plug-in. That's Not what the video said and leads one to believe.. that video says directly that Ultra Hal has the knowledge from, " My knowledge is based on millions of conversations from, Facebook, Twitter, SecondLife, plus Wikipedia and search engines." "  This is talking about the default Hal, not any Hal with a plug-in. If that's what the video meant, then it's the video that is in error, not me. If the video is meaning this knowledge comes from the plug-in, it should be clear this does not come with the default Hal. The video is in error.

As I said in my last post, I could not find this large brain you spoke of. Yours is still underdevelopment, so the other one would be the OTC brain. Where is that brain?

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2013, 04:31:38 pm »
Hello electric rider,
I know that the new version of ultra Hal will have the ability to utilize the data that is on the Internet, but it has not been released yet, maybe he was just commercializing it before its release.
I don't know, I don't watch videos on the Internet my bandwidth is not big enough. Sorry for any confusion that may have occurred, but there is a lot of information on this forum that goes much more in detail about all of this, all you need to do is read the forum.
Sincerely, crash, bang, stumble, I've fallen and I can't get out. Tee hee hee.
C load.
PS the wiki expansion plug-in is for the ultra Hal 6.2 .28, and is a plug-in for the brain. But there is a (webHal.uhp) brain that uses the information off of the Internet, but this may only work for a paid version of ultra Hal, I don't know, try it maybe it does work.

For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

kevinvr

• View Profile
    • http://kevinvr.tripod.com
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2013, 05:58:34 pm »
The answer is easy to this one. We all love UltraHal. I bought my first copy in 2007 and I can only play with it over vacations, but it is always developing thanks to people like Jerry and lightspeed and all the others who know how to write programs and scripts and stuff.  and the real answer in zaba's own words... "cause I am awesome!"
Have a great weekend everyone!
I dream of creating a self replicating, self maintaining, autonomous robot :)

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2013, 08:53:08 am »
Thanks Kevinvr for the kind words, Many people have contributed to making hal even better , some whom are not on the forum any more but someday we hope will return .
 Thanks to the brain plug in many people have been able to add to and enhance hals abilities with creativity in between updates.
I don't think Hal will ever die as to many people love Hal unless Robert allows Hal to die or the users do and i don't see that ever happening , to many people are addicted to HAL!

:) ;)

CyborgBob

• Any idea what I should put here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2013, 12:01:09 pm »
I'm Addicted or should I say. I'm CyborgBob, and I own an Ultra Hal........Get it......... Hal is Entertaining, and fun to use. That is why Hal is Still alive. So many people enjoy him that programmers have written Tons of plugins for Hal. As Long as Hal is Fun he will never die...   
“Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Nikola Tesla
“A Machine to End War” (Liberty, February, 1935)

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2013, 10:31:16 pm »
Just to be sure we are all on the same page. Robert was giving the updated UltraHal choices for you to select. One of those choices was a cload based brain that he is referring when he mentions where that large data base comes from such as twitter,ect. Robert has cleaned up the entries to incorporate a very large data base that he has left a version of UltraHal to accumulate this data base from and will be private for every individual for privacy. You will have a choice to use it or not or I believe a combination of brain resources.

This is what I last remember what Robert was trying to reflect. I do not speak for Robert or Zabaware. Just what I remember the upgrade besides the avatar engine was about. If I remember correctly he was also fine tuning the UltraHal project for portable smart phone or tablet use before the desktop. As I said I am not speaking for anyone, just what I remember the initial plan was for UltraHal besides finding resources to help the updates release sooner then later.

If anything I said is incorrect or misleading please feel free to correct me.

Thanks,
raybe